Re: [RE: [CreationTalk] What's driving evolution?]

  • grappler
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2001
      Thank you Chris for a very imformative and interesting post. I did not know
      about the "crossover reaction". That gives me something to chew on.

      Here's a question: does a nucleotide pair switching places within a chromosome
      pair constitue a "degrading" of genetic information in your mind? Or does
      this allow for a Vast number of genetic makeups with no loss in "quality"?
      Were Adam and Eve's genes the one perfect arrangement, or would these
      crossovers lead to arrangements equally acceptable.

      Followup: based on answer to the above, what is the difference between a
      crossover and a random mutation? Are they fundamentally different kinds of
      genetic alterations? Or is a crossover just a specific kind of mutation?