RE: [CreationTalk] New to CreationTalk and NWCreation and wanted to say 'hello'

  • Derek
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
      Hi Rick and Thanks!
      I think it is great that you stockpile information! We need more people
      with more knowledge in this area. I also consider myself a Bible student as
      well. Being born and raised in a great Bible believing mission oriented
      church has helped! My brother is a preacher as well. I currently work with
      my best friend at our church in our teen department. Earlier this year we
      spent about 2 months on creation and evolution. I agree with what you said
      about the position of YEC. Also, I agree about many other sincere Christians
      hold to a old earth. I think, perhaps the largest reason for that is a
      misunderstanding early in their faith that science has a superior position
      in this world as a form of absolute truth. Now, I think I understand how
      science is supposed to work and what true science implies. Even the postdoc
      in my lab does not even understand what real science is. For instance, we
      recently had 'made' a bacterial strain in which we put a gene into it. He
      was under the impression that we have added antibiotic resistance and that
      is evolution right there...he told me 'how can people not see it?' I then
      replied to him: "Well, we started with bacteria already present, we then
      added a gene that already had function; we then ended with bacteria as we
      started with, and it took two scientists with a lot of education to
      accomplish it! (Not counting the scientist's work some of it is based upon,
      the kits we use in our labs in order to do a lot of the work...etc. You get
      the picture...he said...yeah....yeah. :) It was funny. Maybe later I will go
      into some of the talks I have with a good friend and colleague that is a
      cancer biologist...When I decided to go into this area of creation science I
      decided along with my wife that we need a strong background in other areas
      of the Bible including history, archaeology, and things like that. If, as
      creationists we hold the Bible to be all we should claim it to be...then,
      our belief in creation will be attacked at its foundation, the Bible. Not
      the science. The science speaks for itself. Well, true science that is.
      Origins and Science really are separate no matter how tightly Darwinists
      continue to claim they are stuck together! :) Well, I am glad to meet you.
      Oh, the website. I am not sure what direction it is going to go. The
      newsletter I am working on is still underway for the first edition. As soon
      as it is ready I will send you a PDF of it to look over for any
      advice/opinions. The first issue mainly brings about the importance of the
      whole issue (creation/evolution) as well as our starting place and our
      Biblical bias. The newsletter will be focusing on a few little articles on
      the plain language of scripture...like Jonathan Sarfarti/John Morris point
      out in a lot of their work. Actually, God has given me one good friend in
      the creation world, Frank Sherwin. I met him years ago at an ICR conference
      in Massachusetts, at which time he was taking graduate courses in
      parasitology (one area I focused on in undergraduate school). As well as
      recently I was able to sit down with Ken Ham at breakfast at an AIG
      conference in New Hampshire (we bumped into each other the morning of the
      conference at our hotel and exchanged information/contact information) What
      a blessing! So, just not sure about the site...I want to say it will
      gradually evolve into something bigger...but, most likely it will happen in
      one big punctuated jump! (I know, poor evolutionary humor!). Well, again I
      am glad to meet you and look forward to talking more. Take care for now.
      Sincerely,
      Derek

      www.InSixDays.org

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
        Hi Derek,

        Thanx for joining our group. Like Rick, I am also new here and do not
        have a science background. However, after having been a pew-potato (and
        primarily an evolutionist) for almost twenty years, I suddenly caught
        fire as a Christian as a result of listening to Ken Ham, et al regarding
        the subject of Creation. During the past two years I've been cutting my
        Creationist teeth by doing speaking at Christian schools, Sunday
        schools, and at various churches here in Connecticut. People tell me
        that I'm a passionate speaker on the topic and one who tries to mix
        motivation & evangelism into my talks. (Two years ago I would have told
        them that they have me confused with someone else). Anyway, I'm going to
        continue down this path and see where it goes. If God wants me to quit
        my cushy job, so be it, I'm ready.

        There are many, many great posters on this site, and I spend a LOT of
        time cutting & pasting their insightful thoughts and weaving them into
        my extensive topic database (copywrite permitting). I look forward to
        being able to comment & review your PDF.

        BTW, you mentioned downloading audio's from NWCreation.net, which I use
        religiously (excuse the pun). In my case, I burn CD's which I listen to
        during my long commutes. Having virtually exhausted their free files, I
        am now picking away at Sermon Audio's files...all (522) current lectures
        on Creation/Evolution. Good stuff. I've provided a link below to
        anyone not familiar with this site.

        Blessing//
        Dan Murray

        http://www.sermonaudio.com/search.asp?sortby=added&keyword=creation&keyw
        ordDesc=Creation+%2D+Evolution&currSection=sermonstopic&AudioOnly=false

[...]

        <mailto:CreationTalk%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:HYPERLINK