Re: [CreationTalk] More Help with CreationWiki

  • Chris Ashcraft
    Message 1 of 38 , Oct 1, 2004
      I've been just adding the absolute URL to images that are already on the web somewhere. When the
      CreationWiki was first setup we were a little low on available server space. Mark may have
      disabled the ability to upload images for this reason. This previous server space restriction has
      since been corrected. My web service provided suddently expanded all their packages and there is
      now close to 8GB available. This is the reason why I've finally been able to upload videos.

      Mark - its OK by me to let people upload images to the CreationWiki.

      I've not used the math formulas feature and I dont see any help on the Wikipedia either. Here are
      the Wikipedia formatting help pages.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:How_to_edit_a_page
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Tutorial

      --- "Charles Creager Jr." <cpcjr@...> wrote:

      > How would one go about placing an image on a page? The edit page has a
      > button for adding an image but how would one upload it? I was able to
      > avoid it this time but there are times when an image is vital. Also what
      > about mathematical formulae? Once again there is a button for adding a
      > mathematical formula but no indication of how it works.
      >
      > ---- Charles Creager Jr.

      =====
      Christopher W. Ashcraft
      Northwest Creation Network
      http://nwcreation.net
    • Chris Ashcraft
      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 27, 2008
        We were subjected to a DoS attack (Denial of Service). Such attacks have been used to take down
        Bank servers and even cause city blackouts. They are sophisticated assaults that typically involve
        80 or more computers set to execute a request on the server simultaneously, and in doing so,
        prevent normal function.

        At this point we cant given an estimate when it will be back up. Could be tomorrow if the logs
        help us track down how its being done. The webhost tech support is being no help and we are
        considering changing hosts.

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

        Usually to make a DDoS attack successful, people are using at least 80 PCs with internet
        connections. Denial-of-service attacks are considered violations of the IAB's Internet proper use
        policy. They also commonly constitute violations of the laws of individual nations.

        --- Dylan <dylano2007@...> wrote:

        > I can't seem to be able to access CreationWiki, it says there is
        > something wrong with the sever. I was just curious to what happened.
        > Does anyone no what happened or when it will return to normal?
        >
        > Thanks.

        Christopher W. Ashcraft
        Northwest Creation Network
        http://nwcreation.net