Re: Bush and the creation movement

  • pk4_paul
    Message 1 of 38 , Sep 1, 2004
      --- In CreationTalk@yahoogroups.com, Teno Groppi <tgroppi@n...>
      wrote:

      > >There is a clear difference on the abortion issue affecting
      millions of
      > >lives. If all other factors were equal (and they are not) this
      alone
      > >indicates a choice of Kerry is wrong. Paul
      >
      > What is the clear difference? It's the Republican Supreme
      Court justices who passed Roe vs. Wade.

      Paul: Liberal justices support Roe which incidently was established
      decades ago by justices who are by and large deceased.

      It's Bush who sends millions of OUR
      > dollars to Planned Barrenhood and the UN for abortion, and
      supports the RU-486 abortion pill.

      Paul; Congress allots funds and one of its most enthusiastic
      supporters of the above is John Kerry.

      It's Bush's partial-birth abortion "ban" which calls
      > the other methods of abortion "ESTABLISHED ... ALTERNATIVE ...
      VALID"
      > methods and allows partial-birth abortions so long as the baby is
      not delivered past the navel.

      Paul: Last week a federal court nullified the partial-birth ban in
      its entirety because it lacked provisions for the health of the
      mother; a pretext in my view but serving to illustrate how difficult
      it is to get ANY partial birth bill by both the Congress and the
      courts. Any proposal not containing the provisions cited, which
      incidently are passed by a Congress that revises the original
      executive proposal, would be DOA in committee.

      > The other factors ARE equal. Bush and Kerry have the same
      > political agenda. Bush may occasionally TALK a little more
      conservative, but his actions are just as liberal.

      Paul: Kerry is an ultra-liberal as judged by his voting record which
      is not moderate even by Democratic standards. His record on defense
      issues alone bears this out.

      He is a bigger spender than Clinton
      > was, creating HUGE deficits.

      Paul: The deficits are a function of declining revenues and huge
      increases in spending on security and the war.

      Despite his rhetoric, he has advanced the
      > sodomite agenda like no one before.

      Paul: I assume this refers to the homosexual agenda. How Bush has
      advanced it is very unclear.

      > BTW, I agree the choice of Kerry is wrong, that was not in
      > dispute. The choice of Bush is also wrong.

      Paul: There were those in the Weimar Republic that applied the same
      reasoning to elections involving Herr Hitler. When was the last
      time a candidate for president satisfied your standards? Lack of
      participation in the electoral process all but guarantees a
      government hostile to Christian values.

      > Teno Groppi - Country Celebration
      > http://www.baptistlink.com/godandcountry/html/country.0
      > Constitution Party - Past WI District & County Rep.
      > Democrats and Republicans are two wings of a bird flying the WRONG
      way!
      > If we are not "One Nation Under God", we'll just be "one nation
      under".

    • Teno Groppi
      Message 38 of 38 , Sep 2, 2004
        > >(am I remembering that correctly). Hillary got a landslide in a suburban
        > >area of New York City that *-never-* votes Democrat, in a year when all
        > >the Democrats running for office told the Clintons to stay as far away
        > >from them as Mars

        Oh, one other thing about Hillary's election. I was switching
        between CNN and FOX on election night, and I don't remember which one it
        was, but one of them had already declared Hillary the winner with just 1%
        of the vote counted and Lazio winning 51%-49% at the time. Tell me that
        didn't influence a lot of voters to stay home.

        Here, there, or in the air!
        Teno Groppi
        God & Country Center
        http://www.baptistlink.com/godandcountry/index.html