CreationWiki

  • Mark Saward
    Message 1 of 38 , Jul 1, 2004
      Hi,

      I've updated the wiki to a newer, much nicer looking version. If you
      have any errors with the website, please let me know.

      http://www.nwcreation.net/wiki/

      Thanks
      Mark Saward
    • Chris Ashcraft
      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 27, 2008
        We were subjected to a DoS attack (Denial of Service). Such attacks have been used to take down
        Bank servers and even cause city blackouts. They are sophisticated assaults that typically involve
        80 or more computers set to execute a request on the server simultaneously, and in doing so,
        prevent normal function.

        At this point we cant given an estimate when it will be back up. Could be tomorrow if the logs
        help us track down how its being done. The webhost tech support is being no help and we are
        considering changing hosts.

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

        Usually to make a DDoS attack successful, people are using at least 80 PCs with internet
        connections. Denial-of-service attacks are considered violations of the IAB's Internet proper use
        policy. They also commonly constitute violations of the laws of individual nations.

        --- Dylan <dylano2007@...> wrote:

        > I can't seem to be able to access CreationWiki, it says there is
        > something wrong with the sever. I was just curious to what happened.
        > Does anyone no what happened or when it will return to normal?
        >
        > Thanks.

        Christopher W. Ashcraft
        Northwest Creation Network
        http://nwcreation.net