Biblical Age of the Mountains

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2013
      Using ice penetrating radar, Professor Jonathan Bamber from Bristol University, mapped a branching river valley that winds for over 400 miles through Greenland’s central plain. After cutting a deep gorge through the coastal mountains, the river runs east to the sea. The valley’s V-shaped walls and flat bottoms suggest that it formed by running water, before Greenland was covered with kilometers of ice. How do inland rivers cut canyons through coastal mountains? A coastal mountain range runs from Alaska to Mexico yet rivers that start in inland plains cut through the mountains to reach the Pacific. Evidently, the rivers gradually incised the valleys as the mountains were simultaneously and steadily rising.

      How old are the mountains? The Bible teaches two things that, to a western mindset, are incompatible. It associates eon events with the Old Testament era, but we live at the terminus of the eons. We read of the birth of mountains (Psalm 90:2) that are compared to God’s olam ad olam (eons upon eons) existence. Olam means a vast, out of sight, age. The Bible does not mention mountains until 1656 years after creation. The mountains rose as the waters of the cataclysm drained into wide valleys (Psalm 104:6-8), which is evidently a reference to the beginning of modern oceans. Drill cores show that the oldest modern sea was the land-locked eastern Mediterranean. Scientists claim its floor is 270 million years old, older then the Pacific, the Arctic, Indian and Atlantic oceans. According to the Bible, the Earth’s watery division (palag) happened during Peleg’s days, four generations after Noah. How can geological eons (mountains, incised canyons and new seas) fit 6,000 years of biblical history?

      The biblical Job lived about 4,000 years ago when dinosaurs still lounged in the Jordan. Job used geological events as markers for the shortness of life in his days. His geological events are: (1) mountains falling and crumbing, as rocks continue to be moved from their place; (2) water-worn rocks; (3) as water continually washes away the dust of the earth; (4) the sea (Hebrew west) and streams dry. Drill cores confirm that the Mediterranean (west of Job) dried eight times, leaving thick plankton sandwiched between layers of gypsum, salt and stromatolite. In some Mediterranean basins, drill cores find over 2,000 meters of rock salt that precipitated when the Mediterranean was a shallow salt march. A great submarine canyon runs on the sea floor east of Gibraltar, evidence for how the sea rapidly refilled from the young Atlantic. According to scientists, the last Mediterranean drying occurred 5 millions years ago. Drill cores along the Nile valley show that it incised a narrow gorge deeper and longer than the Grand Canyon as it ran down into the mostly empty Mediterranean. Scientists estimate the early Nile formed 35 million years ago. After the Mediterranean refilled for the last time, the Nile canyon filled with silt and formed a delta. Job ended his poem on the brevity of life by claiming their faces changed, doubled, before they died. The skull is the only part of our skeleton that grows as we age. If we lived for eons, our faces would grow Neanderthal. Neanderthal infants had modern looking skulls, although some had worn enamel on primary teeth, as though they were eons old.

      When most of the Old Testament was written, the western concept of an actual and linear time was as yet unimagined. (1) Ancient people looked back with longing on their ancestors who, they claimed, lived in a timeless, spring-like world. Josephus, the first century historian wrote, “Now I have for witnesses, to what I have said, all those that have written Antiquities, both among the Greeks and Barbarians. For even Manetho, who wrote the Egyptian History; and Berossus, who collected the Chaldean Monuments; and Mochus, and Hestiæus, and, besides these, Hieronymus the Egyptian, and those that composed the Phenician History, agree to what I here say. Hesiod also, and Hecatæus, and Hellanicus, and Acusilaus; and, besides these, Ephorus and Nicolaus relate that the ancients lived a thousand years.” (2) The genealogies of many early nations are preserved in various documents. The lists are similar to the biblical genealogies, often mentioning the same people we find in Genesis 10. (3) The Sumerian king list shows that the earliest kings reigned for tens of thousands of years, while the last kings only reigned for decades. Evidently the scribe was estimating the longer duration of ancient years with shorter, later years. Jacob mentioned that his days and years are shorter and worse than those of his fathers (Genesis 47:9), which would have been understood literally in his days. (4) Ancient people, including the biblical authors, mentioned close planet passages and the shattering of a nearby planet. Indeed, we find thousands of shattered planet fragments orbiting our Sun. They contain rocks formed in liquid water (cubanite) and crystals formed under volcanic conditions. Evidently solar system orbits were vastly different a few thousand years ago.

      What causes days and years to continually shorten throughout history, as every old person has experienced?

      1. Atomic clocks in the ancient universe visibly clock tiny fractions of the frequencies of modern atoms. When NASA compared hydrogen maser atomic clocks with their transponded reflections from hours ago, the clocks-of the moment kept accelerating relative to their previous speeds and to increasing distance. The clock acceleration correlated with the Hubble ratio times the speed of light. Hundreds of billions of ancient galaxies shine at lower frequencies, as approximated by the Hubble ratio and the speed of light (the past).

      2. We observe that clocks accelerate concurrently with the accelerating star streams when we compare the light and shapes of galaxies at many ranges. We observe at different ranges how star globs emerged from the unformed matter in the core of each galaxy. What is visible confirms a the literal account of creation. We observe that as atoms change relationally, their clocks change frequency, matter increases in volume and orbits accelerate outwards.

      3. One who is trained scientifically could argue: even if gravity emerges from changing atoms, it would take a steadily force on the Earth to accelerate days and years continually (relative to former days and years). I agree. Gravity itself provides this force. Gravity travels at a finite speed, the speed of light, which is known as gravity aberration. Gravity aberration (delay in transit) causes gravity to pull more on one side of the Earth than the other. This steadily accelerates rotations and orbits simultaneously. It also causes all the planets to have logarithmic spacing as we see in the solar system and the planets around nearby stars. According to the Bible, God commanded the plural eons to passively form out of things unseen. It is the steady action of gravity aberration, which is unseen, that passively produces vast eons in few years. Galactic history is the most powerful evidence for a literal biblical creation.

       If you are unfamiliar with the literal, grammatical, Hebrew creation text, read the seven days of creation on the Changing Earth Creationist web site: http://godsriddle.org/