RE: [CreationTalk] Curiosity Finds Evidence of Past Sulfuric Acid

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14, 2013

      From: CreationTalk @yahoogroups.com [mailto: CreationTalk @yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Victor McAllister
      Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 12:37 AM
      To: CreationTalk @yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [ CreationTalk ] Curiosity Finds Evidence of Past Sulfuric Acid

      > My understanding of the results conflicts with

      your interpretation.

      > The x-ray "defraction" from the drilled powder from John Klein rock

       differed from the windblown sand at "Rocknest" The sand did not

      have the signature of clays. The powder drilled from inside the John

      Klein rock contains abundant clay minerals, phyllosilicates that suggests

      a fresh water lake when that rock formed. Clay minerals are formed

      in water that is NOT highly acidic and perhaps slightly alkaline.

      > By contrast, the minerals detected by Opportunity on the Meridiani

      planum suggest a hypersaline or strongly acidic environment during

      formation. The presence of hematite blueberries imbedded in the

      sedimentary rocks are evidence for a highly acidic environment.

      Exception: The clays detected around the rim of Endeavour crater

      on the flanks of Cape York seem to be clays that formed in a neutral

      environment.

      No conflict just a factor I did not know about. Thee water in both areas would have erupted from underground and originally would not have been acidic. What cause the water to turn acidic would have been suffer from all the volcanism at the time. They clay minerals would have formed before the water became acidic. The sulfur dioxide, and hydrogen sulfide probably seeped in to the rock after it had formed. So rather there than a conflict it actually fits the catastrophic model better than I first thought. Thanks.