New Creation - What will happen - Does it point back to what has happpened?

  • Stevee Matthews
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 12, 2012
      _,_._,___As Christians we must pay attention to Colossians 2:8 "Do not let
      yourselves be captive to hallow and deceptive philosophies based on human
      traditions and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ."
      We are warned that the "BASIC PRINCIPLES OF THE WORLD" and philosophy contra
      to belief in the King and Creator of the Universe Jesus Christ.

      So why are those Christians holding to evolutionary philosophy based on
      naturalism rather than on Christ Jesus? Why is the direct historical
      account of Genesis 1-11 thrown out the window and explained away to
      compromise with the "BASIC PRINCIPLES OF THE WORLD" rather than on the King
      and Creator of the Universe Jesus Christ.

      Please consider what is coming. It is very easy to understand Chapter 21 of
      the book of Revelation that heaven and earth will pass away and a new heaven
      and earth is created by the King and Creator of the universe Jesus Christ.
      He is the Creator of everything that exists (John 1:3, Col 1:16 please read
      them every day until you get this!!) and he is going to be creating a brand
      new heaven and earth and we have the description of it. It will have no sea,
      it will have no night, it will be paradise, ... He also is going to created
      new code and new bodies for us. These bodies are not going to be flesh and
      blood and subject to death like life is now. They are going to be
      "indestructible" most likely with some special built in energy source in a
      design crafted perfectly by the King and Creator of the Universe Jesus
      Christ. These bodies will be able to eat and drink like Jesus did after the
      resurrection but will not be flesh and blood, no pain, no suffering, no
      wearing out, eternal and perfect designs.

      That is who our God is and what he does. How could a Christian study what is
      to come, then look at the creation account in Genesis and interject
      evolutionary ideas of decent with modifications and millions of years and
      all of this non-sense about code assembling itself from unorganized matter
      to form life. This is anti-God, anti-Creator, anti-Jesus Christ. To be a
      Christian requires one to be a supernaturalist. If one is not willing to
      acknowledge the King and Creator of the Universe designed and created nature
      but also used creative acts that only a genius of geniuses outside of nature
      could possibly do, then that person should not claim to be a Christian
      because he is believing false and evil things. Some Christians who are
      eager to accept evolution eagerly accept the physical resurrection of Jesus
      Christ who was made alive by the Holy Spirit of God given an eternal body
      not flesh and blood as the first example and just like will happen in the
      last day to all Christians who believe in King-Creator Jesus Christ. This
      was not a natural, time consuming process folks. So why or how could the
      same Christians say the creation requires millions of years and lots of
      mutations? That is foolish, evil, and simply wrong. Consider you stand on
      this folks. Think about what is coming and how. Read the book HEAVEN by
      Randy Alcorn.

      The discussions I see in this forum and really sad to listen to based on
      much ignorance that King and Creator of the Universe Jesus Christ would like
      to help many of you overcome if you will simply listen. Will you?

    • VictorM
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 12, 2012
        --- In CreationTalk@yahoogroups.com, Stevee Matthews <phonehero@...> wrote:

        > _,_._,___As Christians we must pay attention to Colossians 2:8 "Do not let
        > yourselves be captive to hallow and deceptive philosophies based on human
        > traditions and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ."
        > We are warned that the "BASIC PRINCIPLES OF THE WORLD" and philosophy contra
        > to belief in the King and Creator of the Universe Jesus Christ.

        Colossians 2:8 starts out with the imperative form of the Greek verb blepo, to look out, beware, consider. If we do not watch out, we could be lead away as a prisoner of war (sulagogon). This captivity is a present participle, a current action that continues into the future. Paul anticipates that even as Christians in his era should watched out, future Christians must also be wary of captivity. Paul's warnings are about mind control, not physical chains.

        (1) Watch out for philosophy that began when the Greeks attempted to invent a natural science.

        (2) Watch out for vain deceit, deception that is empty, devoid of truth.

        (3) Watch out for the traditions of men. Tradition is instruction, the substance of teaching.

        (4) Watch out that you are not deceived by the elementary principles of the orderly system (stoicheia tou kosmou). Paul used the same phrase in Galatians 4:3. "So also we while we were children were held in bondage under the elementary ideas of the world (stoicheia tou kosmou)." These principles were so basic that even children were put in bondage to them.

        Christians schools teach the elementary principles of the world and philosophy, implicitly without ever explicitly explaining where those elementary ideas came from. We are westerners and we follow the western philosophy can first germinated in the minds of pagan philosophers and later was adjusted to fit their religion by the Catholic scholastics. The western mindset is very difficult to break free from.

        Thousands of Christian young people have serious doubts about creation because they do not know how to separate elementary assumptions from evidence. For example, the evidence from hundreds of billions of ancient galaxies, can cause them to doubt the creation account. They do so because their minds cannot think outside the philosophical box they were pressed into as children. Every atomic clock in billions of galaxies clocks a different frequency from modern atoms. Orbits in billions of galaxies accelerate outwards, exactly as spelled out in the literal text of the Bible. Yet they try to use the western notions of time, ideas that did not even exist during the Biblical age, to interpret both the Bible and the universe. This has caused enormous problems for Christians.

        > So why are those Christians holding to evolutionary philosophy based on
        > naturalism rather than on Christ Jesus? Why is the direct historical
        > account of Genesis 1-11 thrown out the window and explained away to
        > compromise with the "BASIC PRINCIPLES OF THE WORLD" rather than on the King
        > and Creator of the Universe Jesus Christ.
        >

        > Please consider what is coming. It is very easy to understand Chapter 21 of
        > the book of Revelation that heaven and earth will pass away and a new heaven
        > and earth is created by the King and Creator of the universe Jesus Christ.
        > He is the Creator of everything that exists (John 1:3, Col 1:16 please read
        > them every day until you get this!!) and he is going to be creating a brand
        > new heaven and earth and we have the description of it. It will have no sea,
        > it will have no night, it will be paradise, ... He also is going to created
        > new code and new bodies for us. These bodies are not going to be flesh and
        > blood and subject to death like life is now. They are going to be
        > "indestructible" most likely with some special built in energy source in a
        > design crafted perfectly by the King and Creator of the Universe Jesus
        > Christ. These bodies will be able to eat and drink like Jesus did after the
        > resurrection but will not be flesh and blood, no pain, no suffering, no
        > wearing out, eternal and perfect designs.

        The new heavens and the new earth do not use the Greek word for new in age, but new in form. The Greek suggests the He will melt down the elementary forms and reconstitute the old Earth into a new in form earth. HE is the redeemer, the one who restores things. Where do you get the idea that our bodies will not be physical? The Bible plainly states that He will save all three parts of our existence bodies, soul and spirit. We will have bodies like His.

        Elementary ideas are so important. Many Christians follow the elementary ideas of the pagan philosopher Plotinus, as adjusted by Augustine. They actually imagine that God created time, that He exists outside of time, that He sees the future and someday we will have eternal (non physical bodies). The Bible, in the original languages, never says any of these things. Elementary ideas are critical. They can take one prisoner, just like Paul warned. The Western mindset is incompatible with understand the universe or its creation.

        Victor
      • Stevee Matthews
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 13, 2012
          I never said our bodies would not be physical, of course they will be
          physical or material just like Jesus Christ but that does not mean there is
          flesh and blood does it as the scripture speaks on this topic. If you think
          the Creator is creating bodies exactly in the same manner as our bodies our
          now that would be foolish since our bodies wear out and perish. That is
          what I was saying. Of course it is a new PHYSICAL BODY.

          Now to the NEW Heaven and New earth, the scripture does not say it will be
          "melted down" earth as you suggest. You may suggest it says that but that is
          not what it says. Frankly my point is not what kind of new physical body or
          new earth and new heaven we will have simply that God as the all Powerful
          CREATOR who created everything will be creating new physical bodies a new
          place for the church to life eternally.

          The Bible tells us the God reveals his mind to us and we have the mind of
          Christ the Creator who gives us understanding. I am not arguing with you
          about time and God nor am I suggesting non-physical bodies so please
          understand that. Only because one has the Holy Spirit of God inside,
          revealing truth, leading us, and showing us great and mighty things we do
          not know like Jer 33:3 says do we really understand anything.

          You have missed my points completely because I was simply showing that as a
          Christian Jesus Christ the Creator of everything will again "make all things
          new" including new physical bodies that may look the same but will certainly
          be different than what we have here in this temporary, perishing place.