Dark Energy Camera

  • VictorM
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 18, 2012
      A new Dark Energy Camera took its first image of the Fornax cluster on September 12. The wide field camera uses 62 separate CCD elements that are sensitive to infrared. The 5-ton cryogenic camera has the largest filter changer ever built. Its wide field images are 570 mega pixels in size. It is mounted on the four meter Blanco telescope located at Cerro Tololo in the high Atacama desert. Astronomers plan is to photograph 300 million galaxies over five years with DECam.

      Astronomers claim the universe is mostly made of dark energy. Since this stuff is defined as invisible, no camera could actually detect it. Scientists hope that DECam will map the galaxies and so figure out how invisible matter and energies are affecting the visible universe. According to space-time theories, Earth has an elliptical orbit because it rides the bent rails in the vacuum of space-time. Allegedly, as the vacuum of space-time stretches itself, it also stretches passing light, which is why distant galaxies shine redder than the light from modern atoms. Dark energy is the invisible force that allows galaxies that are standing still relative to their local space to move away at ever increasing speeds as the intergalactic vacuum of space-time stretches out.

      Cosmologists estimate that 23 % of the universe is made of dark matter and 73 % is dark energy. Of the remaining 4 % of the scientific universe, only 0.4% is supposed to be visible stars. This is why scientists build precision instruments like DECam, to buttress their theories of a universe that is more than 99% undetectable. According to Karl Popper, "Once your eyes were thus opened you saw confirmed instances everywhere: the world was full of verifications of the theory. Whatever happened always confirmed it. Thus its truth appeared manifest; and unbelievers were clearly people who did not want to see the manifest truth; who refuse to see it." Detecting invisible things is not unlike detecting the emperor's invisible robe, it requires a belief system that is unsupported by visible facts.

      What belief system? The Bible predicted the scientists. In the last days, Peter wrote, mockers will come proclaiming a first law (arche ktiseous) that all things remain the same (2 Peter 3:3 - 6). They will obfuscate the age of the plural heavens and earth's watery geology with this idea. Western science was historically contrived upon a metaphysical assumption, invented by medieval friars, that the essence of substance is changeless. Scientists defined their concepts of mass, energy and time with this presumption. Their clock-based empiricism, methods, and mathematics were built on the notion that atoms are perpetual motion engines.

      What is visible in cosmic history only fits the Biblical creation account. First Elohim created (completed action) the plural heavens and the Earth, all of them. At that stage the Earth was without form, not extended in space. Then Elohim's wind or spirit dithered over the primordial darkness and continued to command light to continue to be. Evidently that is when matter began to have extension as a relation with light. Indeed, light dithers around within all atoms giving them their various properties. Half way through the creation week, Elohim continued to form the Sun, Moon and stars and continued to place them in the spreading place, Hebrew raqiya. This is what we observe in the only history that is visible, galactic history. Ancient matter was compressed, not extended in space, and shone at tiny fractions of the frequencies of modern atoms. We observe at many ranges in hundreds of billions of galaxies how the stars continued to spread out from formerly naked galactic nuclei. Billions of spiral galaxies grew into huge, local growth spirals as the star-stream orbits, the light clocks and the space matter takes up all continued to change. Our ancestors a few thousand years mentioned how the planet used to pass at catastrophic ranges with Earth. Indeed, the Sun's optical parallax has continued to decrease since the Greek firs measured it with angles. It has continued to decrease even since the canonical radar value established in the 1960s.

      How could this be? Every clock in the universe is shining at a different frequency from modern atomic clocks. Forty years ago, NASA sent two spin stabilized spacecraft out of the solar system. Their clock signals, transmitted from the past, unexpectedly changed with distance at the Hubble ratio. Astronomers use the Hubble ratio to estimate the distance to an ancient galaxy by comparing its observed light clock-rate with the rate of modern atomic clocks.

      Karl Popper wrote, "No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude." To invent an invisible universe to support the irrationality of atomic perpetual motion is to demonstrate the blindness of the scientific creed, the one Peter predicted. How great will be the crushing defeat of western science by God's Word. Where is the evidence? Lift up your eyes and look at the visible creation and visible cosmic history. Don't be blinded by the scientific creed, with which they invented an invisible universe.

      The combined pictures of the Dark Energy Camera and its output were assembled by the author. Credit for the photos: darkenergysurvey.org
      http://www.godsriddle.info/2012/09/a-new-dark-energy-camera-took-its-first.html
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 20, 2012
        > A new Dark Energy Camera took its first image of the Fornax
        > cluster on September 12. The wide field camera uses 62 separate
        > CCD elements that are sensitive to infrared. The 5-ton cryogenic
        > camera has the largest filter changer ever built. Its wide field
        > images are 570 mega pixels in size. It is mounted on the four
        > meter Blanco telescope located at Cerro Tololo in the high
        > Atacama desert. Astronomers plan is to photograph 300
        > million galaxies over five years with DECam.

        As usual you did not provide any references. This is one of several areas
        that you have a real problem with. However I will go a head and provide a
        couple for you.

        http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/09/120917104651.htm

        http://www.darkenergysurvey.org/

        > Astronomers claim the universe is mostly made of dark energy.
        > Since this stuff is defined as invisible, no camera could actually
        > detect it. Scientists hope that DECam will map the galaxies and
        > so figure out how invisible matter and energies are affecting the
        > visible universe.

        That's a good description however dark matter is not necessarily invisible
        matter but it may just not visible to us because it does not shine like
        stars do. Planes orbiting a star are generally not visible to us because
        their reflected light is drowned out by the glare of the star. If you look
        at the sun from say Alpha Centauri it would be impossible at least with
        current technology to image the Earth or even Jupiter by both planets as
        well as six others, and a bunch of other objects are here.

        > According to space-time theories, Earth has an elliptical orbit because
        > it rides the bent rails in the vacuum of space-time. Allegedly, as the
        > vacuum of space-time stretches itself, it also stretches passing light,
        > which is why distant galaxies shine redder than the light from modern
        > atoms. Dark energy is the invisible force that allows galaxies that are
        > standing still relative to their local space to move away at ever
        increasing
        > speeds as the intergalactic vacuum of space-time stretches out.

        While this is basically a good description there are a few of problems with
        it.

        1. Space-time is not technically a vacuum not only is it filled with energy
        in the form of virtual particles called in quantum mechanics zero point
        energy but space-time is a bendable-stretchable-malleable structure that is
        rigid enough that it take a lot of matter to affect it.

        2. The Earth does not ride bent rails in space-time but follows the
        curvature of space cause by the sun.

        3. Space-time does not stretch itself but is being stretched, there is a
        difference. While evolutionary cosmologists resort to ad hoc stuff like
        "dark energy" from a Biblical perspective it is God that is doing the
        stretching.

        > Cosmologists estimate that 23 % of the universe is made of dark matter
        > and 73 % is dark energy. Of the remaining 4 % of the scientific universe,
        > only 0.4% is supposed to be visible stars. This is why scientists build
        > precision instruments like DECam, to buttress their theories of a universe
        > that is more than 99% undetectable.

        This figures are only valid for evolutionary cosmologists; not Creationists;
        since "dark energy" was specifically designed to save the Big Bang from
        reality. Even then the claim that more than 99% of the universe is seen as
        undetectable is not accurate. While only 0.4% would be stars, most of that
        other 4% would be dust and gas much of which is illuminated by stars and is
        actually visible in most galaxy images. Further more just because something
        can not be seen dose not make it undetectable. The 23% "dark matter" would
        be detectable by its gravity so at least 25% would be detectable.

        For Creationists "dark energy" is not needed so even if we accept "dark
        matter", which may not be need that produces 85% "dark matter" and 15%
        ordinary matter. That would mean that at least 95% of the Universe is
        detectable If we accept Cosmological Relativity then "dark matter", is not
        need and ordinary matter is all there is then most of it is not only
        detectable by visible as well.

        > Detecting invisible things is not unlike detecting the emperor's invisible
        robe,
        > it requires a belief system that is unsupported by visible facts.

        That is not true. Air is for all practical purposes invisible but it can be
        detected in other ways. The same goes for planets orbiting other stars and
        if it exists the same thing goes for "dark matter". It each of these cases
        they are supported by visible facts. Only dark energy requires a belief
        system that is unsupported by visible facts since it is only postulated so
        as to save the Big Bang from reality.

        The rest of you post was not worth commenting on since we have been over it
        several times.

        ------ Charles Creager Jr.

        Genesis Science <http://gscim.com/> Mission

        Online <http://store.gscim.com/> Store