Martian Andesite?

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2012
      Back in 1997, the Pathfinder craft bounced to a stop on the Martian plains
      of Ares Vallis. The Sojourner rover then drove up to a rock called Barnacle
      Bill that had a grainy surface. Sojourner placed its APXS spectrometer on
      the rock and found a high SiO2 content. Barnacle Bill had the appearance
      and composition of Andesite rocks on Earth. Andesite is named after the
      Andes mountains that are rich in these rocks. Evidently the processes that
      formed the Martian crust were similar to what formed Earth�s crust. *Andesite
      formed by partial melting and crystal fractionalization when molten basalt
      intruded into crustal rocks. Crystals rich in iron and magnesium are
      believed to have formed as the partially melted rocks gradually cooled.*

      Mars� northern plains were evidently once inundated with water. Opportunity
      found concretions that evidently formed slowly in warm, acidic water on the
      plains of Meridiani. Spirit found pure silica powder that formed in a steam
      / hot water spring in the hills inside Gusev crater. Opportunity found
      conglomerates of rocks that solidified in a watery slurry and even veins of
      gypsum deposited under water in the rim of Endeavour crater. It is
      presently examining an outcrop whose signature from orbit suggests it may
      have once been water deposited clay. Yet we also see evidence for
      catastrophes. Both Spirit and Opportunity found nickle-iron meteorites
      lying on the surface. They evidently came from the core of a shattered
      planet.

      http://www.godsriddle.info/2012/09/martian-andesite.html

      In the left picture, the cat-sized Sojourner sits next to Barnacle Bill,
      evidently an andesite rock. The picture on the right is of a rock
      photographed by the Mars Science Rover on the floor of Gale. The rock has
      split into pieces, evidently fairly recently since the concave areas are
      not filled with the rusty Martian dust. Rocks can split from cycles of
      heating and cooling.* Notice the large light-colored islands in the darker
      rock. Without a spectroscopic analysis, we cannot conclusively say it is
      Andesite, but it is certainly igneous. Large crystals in rocks are evidence
      for slow cooling during partial melts and crystal fractionalization. **Credit
      for the photos are to NASA.*

      * *

      *Mars apparently went through various stages in its formation.* At some
      point lots of volcanism. Gale crater has fan-shaped deposits at the end of
      valleys that seem to be ancient stream beds. Yet the rocks encountered so
      far by Curiosity are not rounded pebbles, as though water ran for long
      periods. Today Mars is mostly cold and dry. If liquid water runs on the
      surface today, it would have to be very salty and would sublime rapidly.

      *Is Mars old or young? Like Earth, there is much evidence to suggest it is
      extremely old. A Christian might think, that can�t be because God created
      the universe only 6,000 years ago. It is important to realize the Bible
      never says the Earth is young. It uses eon-age words both for mountains and
      for early peoples. According to the Bible, God continued to form the Sun,
      Moon and stars and continued to place them in the spreading place, Hebrew
      raqiya. Evidently, Mars, like Earth, has continued to form.* Martian rocks
      retain a global pattern of magnetic stripes, showing that it once had a
      magnetic field. The stripes run around the entire planet in the southern
      hemisphere. The offsets in the magnetic stripes shift at fault lines as
      though the whole planet has grown in size. If one removes the dark,
      low-lying areas, the cratered highlands fit together on a much smaller
      planet. Palm 136:6 states that the Earth spreads out in unbroken
      continuity. Indeed, Earth�s continents also fit together on a much smaller
      planet, without major surface seas as one should expect from a literal
      reading of three biblical passages.

      *
      *

      *What is the geological age of Mars and Earth? Consider the Hebrew words
      for the fourth day. A body that continues to form is continuing to change.
      Orbits that continue to spread apart are by nature accelerating.
      Accelerating relative to what? Certainly not clocks, since we observe in
      galactic history how atomic clocks have accelerated along with the
      spreading star orbits as billions of galaxies intrinsically grew into huge
      growth spirals. How could galactic history fit into only 6,000 years? *Job
      describes, in the dinosaur age, that they lived for geological ages in few
      days as the sea (Hebrew west) dried and their faces deformed before they
      died. Indeed, drill cores of the deep Mediterranean show that it
      repeatedly dried, just like Job stated. We also find the skulls of the
      ancient ones with huge thick brows. If we lived for geological ages, our
      skulls would grow Neanderthal. Our grandchildren would not have the
      Neanderthal skulls, as the fossils show.

      *
      *

      *Why was Mars once a warm, wet planet? It was once much closer to the Sun,
      as also was the Earth. What changed? Everything changes. The Bible plainly
      states that the creation is enslaved to change that is an orderly and a
      together-corruption (Romans 8:19 - 22). *We observe the light signals from
      billions of ancient galaxies that clock minuscule frequencies compared to
      modern atoms. Carefully examine the first law of science, the presumption
      that atoms are perpetual motion engines. Scientists have invented a great
      structure of empirical measuring and mathematicating based on their
      presumption of atomic perpetual motion. Look at the visible universe. We
      see that it is extremely old, exactly as the Bible states. We see that
      orbits always accelerate, exactly as one should expect from the creation
      account.

      *
      *

      *Changing Earth Creationists try not to tailor the Bible to fit western
      science. We simply notice that the whole universe is visibly doing what the
      Bible states. The Earth is extremely ancient, yet it evidently has only
      orbited 6,000 times as all orbits continue to accelerate. *Carefully
      examine the arche ktiseous (first law) of the last days that Peter
      predicted. He predicted that mockers will obfuscate the age of the plural
      heavens and the geological history of the twice inundated earth because
      they have a first law, that all things remain the same. Everything physical
      changes, as the Bible states. Think about it.