Re: Extra Terrestrial Life (was: Researchers See Life in Planet's Dunes)

  • larjsy
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2002
      --- In CreationTalk@y..., Jeannie <jeannie@u...> wrote:
      > larjsy wrote:
      > > My kids have asked me whether I believe there is life out in
      > > space.
      > > I tell them I don't know but if God created life anywhere other
      > > than
      > > earth, it seems he hasn't told us about it.
      > > 1. Has anyone come across any biblical references that have been
      > > interpreted as referring to life other than on earth?
      > > If there *are* creatures out there, they would have their own
      > > spiritual history as to their standing before God. -lar.
      > > 2. Would they also have found themselves living in a universe
      > > under
      > > the curse, because of the disobedience of Man? -lar.
      >
      > Christians often assume that angels, spirits, demons etc., since
      > they are
      > different from us, do not inhabit our material universe as we do.
      > I don't
      > think that is necessarily so. How do we know that heaven is not a
      > material
      > part of our universe? Apparently a solid and real Christ after the
      > resurrection went there. It seems likely to me that angels etc. are
      > extraterrestrials in a real sense. Just because they can be
      > immaterial or
      > material at will does not prove that heaven is immaterial, and not
      > a real part of the universe.
      > Jeannie
      > --
      > The best way to know God's will is to say "I will" to God.
      > Jeannie McReynolds
      > Oregon Coast

      Hmmm, interesting perspective Jeannie. I hadn't thought of it quite
      that way.
      Larry Yates
      Lake Ontario Shore ;-)
    • Charles Creager
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2002

        http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/solarsystem/mars_blotches_020130.html

        > Some Mars Researchers See Life in Planet's Dunes

        Even if one starts from the position that God only created life on Earth; a
        position with which is only inferred from, but not specifically stated in
        the Bible; There are two ways life could have gotten to Mars from Earth.

        1. Bacteria could have been blown into space by the breakup of the fountains
        of the deep, during the flood and eventually landed on Mars.

        2. Mars was seeded by pre flood man. This could have been done accidently by
        not sterilizing a probe or deliberately as part of a colonizing effort.

        --- Charles Creager Jr