Neil Armstrong Dies as 82

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25, 2012
      I know this may be considered off topic but Astronaut Neil Armstrong and
      first man to walk on the Moon died today as age 82. He became the first man
      to walk on Moon on July 20th 1969 A.D. on flight of Apollo 11. A little
      known fact is that he and Buzz Audrain Buzz Aldrin partook of the Lord's
      Supper (Communion) shortly after landing making it the first mail partaken
      of on another planet.

      http://gscim.com/Science_News/8-12/Neil_Armstrong.html

    • John Johnson
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 27, 2012
        I am sorry to bust your bubble but I think that you are mistaken on most points:
        (1) Buzz Aldrin did participate in a meal with silent prayer and verse but probably not a church communion, since self-serve is not authorized by any church.
        (2) Neil Armstrong did not participate at all, except to be "respectfully silent".
        (3) Buzz cannot be considered at devout Christian with his unorthodox views on Creation (pantheism) and moreover was a Free Mason.
        (in his 2009 book Magnificent Desolation) says: “I silently read the Bible
        passage* as I partook of the wafer and the wine…   Neil watched respectfully but made no
        comment to me at that time.”
        http://www.snopes.com/glurge/communion.asp
        * John 15:5
        - “I am the vine…” on a card which sold in 2007 for $180,000
        http://historical.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=669&lotNo=25370#Photo
         Bible experts are skeptical that he even was
        able to do a self-serve communion at all, but it was just a private prayer
        session.
        http://onfaith.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/undergod/2009/07/first_communion_on_the_moon.html
          Some have questioned the label of Buzz Aldrin
        as supposedly a “devout Christian, by noting that he was a Free Mason:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buzz_Aldrin
         Also, his personal behavior and unorthodox
        views on universalism, pantheistic non-personal Creator God (as did Albert
        Einstein), makes his supposed “devout Christian” convictions suspect:
        July 12, 2009. Excerpt:
        “Astronaut Buzz Aldrin is a staunch advocate of space exploration who
        once publicly punched a man who claimed the lunar landings were a hoax. Aldrin told AFP that his voyage to
        the moon had profoundly changed his life, and questioned his beliefs about God
        and creation. The unique experience had redefined his
        spirituality into one of a "much broader universality. "He came to
        believe in the idea of "an Einstein, cosmic, religious, spiritual, power
        higher intelligence having somehow created the entire universe, and we are but
        a small part of that, with our concepts of deity maybe not consistent with the
        overall creation."…http://www.moondaily.com/reports/Buzz_Aldrin_Second_man_to_walk_on_the_moon_999.html
        John N. Johnson
        mathematician
        my life story is on our Creation web site:
        http://nwcreation.net/caps/articles/reflectionsonlife.html%c2%a0