Scientific Proof of the Supernatural

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2011
      In studying the relation ship between science and the supernatural I came
      realize was no official scientific definition of supernatural. In science it
      is hard to deal with something unless you gave a definition of the relevant
      terms. The problem occurred a few years ago with the definition of a planet.
      The reason for the lack of an official scientific definition of supernatural
      in clearly the desire on the part of the scientific establishment to keep
      any consideration of the supernatural out of science.

      In looking for a scientific definition of supernatural I start with a
      standard dictionary definition of supernatural. According to The American
      HeritageR Dictionary of the English Language the primary definition of
      supernatural is "Of or relating to existence outside the natural world."

      Since the natural world constitutes our entire universe, it is logical to
      rephrase this definition as "Of or relating to existence outside the
      Universe." This makes for a perfect scientific definition of supernatural.

      So here is a perfect scientific definition of supernatural.

      Supernatural: Of or relating to existence outside the Universe.

      Supernatural event: Any event that has a caused out side the Universe.

      Recently in a discussion with an atheist who had claimed that there is no
      evidence for the supernatural. When I replied that there was evidence for
      the supernatural. He demanded some eliminating anything from the Bible and
      personal experience as evidence he would consider. Using the above
      definition I gave him evidence that he had no response to/.

      The prime evidence for this event it the fact we exist. The supernatural
      event I am referring to is the beginning of Universe. The fact that the
      universe had a beginning is an established scientific fact so regardless of
      how the Universe actually began it had to be started from outside itself.
      This is evident from the fact that until the universe existed there was no
      inside the universe and so the cause that started the universe had to be out
      side of it.

      The fore the beginning of the Universe by definition has to be a
      supernatural event.

      Articles:
      Scientific
      <http://genesismission.4t.com/science/Philosophy/Scientific_Definition_of_Su
      pernatural.html> Definition of the Supernatural
      Scientific
      <http://genesismission.4t.com/science/Philosophy/Scientific_Proof_of_the_Sup
      ernatural.html> Proof of the Supernatural

      ------ Charles Creager Jr.

      Genesis Science Mission <http://gscim.com/>

      Online Store <http://store.gscim.com/>

      Genesis Mission <http://genesismission.4t.com/>
      Genesis <http://genesissciencemissionblog.blogspot.com/> Science Mission
      Blog

      Genesis Mission Blog <http://genesismissionblog.blogspot.com/>

      Creation Science <http://creationsciencetalk.blogspot.com/> Talk

    • Robert A. Herrmann, Ph.D.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2011
        I am very specific rather than general in the use of the concept of the “supernatural.” It is formally defined in my work as theologically the second and third heaven entities and processes. For the technical ultranatural processes and entities that yield all nonphysical aspects of the GGU-model, I use various names one of which is the preternatural, which as often used for aspects of the supernatural. But, I am careful in differentiating between the secular GGU-model and the theological interpretation. Recall that the processes and objects used are indirectly inferred from their predicted physical observations. This is the same approach used to infer that processes and entities exist in many aspects of cosmology and quantum physics, where the evidence is predicted observed events. Further, the GGU-model is falsifiable. When it comes to physical science, people do not realize that today so much that is claimed to exist is only inferred and not directly observed.

        Dr. Bob