11962Re: [CreationTalk] Distant Starlight

    Aug 11, 2014
      Inspiration applies to the original manuscripts. God providentially preserved the Scriptures, through several manuscript lines, which actually demonstrates the antiquity of the originals. The text has been copied and translated repeated, which has introduced nuances, often because word meanings and grammars change over the centuries. We can determine the original autographs by comparing the 24,000 manuscripts of the New Testament. Naturally, there are fewer manuscripts of the Old Testament. The text of Isaiah from Qumran is almost word for word  (with some spelling nuances) from the Masoretic (although lacking the vowel signs of medieval Hebrew). Translators sometimes have to guess at the meaning of Hebrew words, because they are ancient and unique (not found in contemporary documents). Translators understand that their work involves some uncertainty and may rely on traditions passed down from previous translators.

      The few uncertainties do not affect God's plan of redemption in Christ but mostly creation, earth history and differences for how ancient people thought and lived.

      The medieval popes had a great influence on creation and earth history because they sought to harmonize pagan philosophy with their religion. Catholic philosopher theologians laid the foundation for the Western system with their theories about time and matter.

      (1) Bishop Augustine used the system of the pagan Plotinus in his theory that God created time, is not in time and sees the future. Modern translators use the phrase "in the beginning", following the Augustinian tradition. The first word (bereshit) means what is first in rank, importance or precedence. For example, the fear of the Lord is the most important thing (bereshit) for getting wisdom. During the Old Testament era, the concept of time had not yet been invented, which is why biblical Hebrew had no verb tenses and ancient people could not "measure" time. They tuned their lives to the cycles of nature using dynamic calendars. We do the opposite. We regulate life with clocks and fixed calendars that have minimum regard for the continual changes observed in nature.

      (2) The popes were instrumental in authorizing the western metaphysics, the elementary assumption upon which science was contrived because they controlled the schools for a thousand years. Friar Thomas "solved" the problem of matter continually changing itself, the issue that had prevented the Greeks from inventing an empirical science. God's essence is to be changeless (not in time), in the Catholic system. Therefore what God created (substance) could share in his attributes: an unchanging essence (noun of the Latin verb to be). Scientific definitions of matter and time; scientific principles (e.g. conservation); most scientific measuring units; scientific methods and scientific mathematical laws are almost all predicated on the notion that matter is not continually changing relationally.

      Arguments that scientifically minded creationists make (such as the Earth is young) is contradicted in numerous places by the literal text. Some scientifically minded creationists claim God created an earlier Earth and rebuilt it at Genesis 1:2, which is again contradicted by the grammar. It is important that we purge the metaphysics of the medieval Dominicans from our understanding of creation.

      Only the literal Hebrew text of day four, the way God continued to form the Sun, Moon and stars (the distant and near universe) and make them into spreading things (Hebrew raqiya), is supported by the visible history of how the galaxies formed. How could the universe be only 6,000 years old. Please observe that the atomic clocks, the star stream orbits and the space matter takes up all change together as billions of galaxies grew into huge growth spirals. Western notions of time are denied by visible cosmic history as everything in the Creation is observed to change. The Apostle Paul stated that the creation is enslaved to change. Peter even predicted the false idea upon which western science was contrived, the notion that "all things remain the same".

      Please consider abandoning the synthesis of the literal text with the metaphysics of the medieval Dominicans. Only the literal text is supported by simple evidences such as the growing Earth, changing solar system, the visible history of galaxies and how our ancestors grew Neanderthal brows in few days as they lived long enough to observe vast geological changes, just like Job described in chapter 14.

      The literal seven days is on the Changing Earth Creation web site. You can also read a theory of how gravity aberration continues to accelerate days and years on the same site.

      http://godsriddle.org/

      Victor, Changing Earth Creationist

      On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 1:54 PM, 'Chuck' chuckpc@... [CreationTalk] <CreationTalk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > When examining the universe, it is important to first examine one's
      > fundamental assumptions.

      OK Victor lets look at YOUR fundamental assumptions.

      1. You assume that God inspired the original autographs and then abandoned His word to errors and malicious corruption of men.

      This assumption is clearly false sin God promised to preserve His words for ever.

      Psalm 12:6-7 (KJB)
      6  The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried
      in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
      7  Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve
      them from this generation for ever.
      Since you are so fond of the Hebrew preserve is translated from the Hebrew verb "natsar" which is Qal Imperfect indicating active incomplete action. "natsar" means to preserve, or guard from dangers. So Psalm 12:6-7 is saying that God is actively guarding His words from dangers. Those danger would include copying errors, malicious corruption by men and the Devil, and accidental corruption by well meaning men. This preservation would include God's inspiration in copying and translation.

      2. You assume that you actually have a accurate understanding of Greek and Hebrew.

      This is proven false by the amateurish way you "translate" them, which is to take a single English word from a lexicon which was written by a liberal Bible hating critic or some one who got their definitions from such that you insist is the only meaning of the the Greek or Hebrew word despite the fact that most words in most languages have varying meanings depending on context. You further "translate" verb tenses by adding he verb tense to the single English word from your corrupt lexicon rather than supplying the proper English equivalent.

      3. You assume that you can actually get into the mind of bronze and iron age men and know how they would see a given passage,

      This is impossible since we do not any bronze and iron age men to converse with. Trying to determine their mind set by their language is not necessarily helpful because some concepts such as time can be determined by context rather than verb tense.

      4. You assume that God was incapable of expressing concepts in Greek and Hebrew that would be beyond the understanding of the human authors, but that we would understand in the 21st century.

      This is proven false by the fact that many prophecies were not fully understood by the human authors and their contempories that we can understand because the prophecy has been fulfilled or as we get closer to the time how it can be fulfilled becomes clearer. For example is is easy for me to see how the entire world will see the two wittiness in Revelation, while previous generations spiritualized it.

      I could go on but I thing this makes the point.

      > Peter predicted the false idea that the last day mockers would use
      > to obfuscate cosmic history. They will use their notion that all things
      > that exist remain the same (panata houtos diamenei) to obfuscate
      > the evidence that the plural heaves are ek palai - out old.

      This is NOT what peter predicted. Just because you studied a little Greek and have a lexicon written by unbelieving men who set out rewrite the Bible not mean that you have any real ability to understand the Greek.

       2 Peter 3:3-6 (KJB)
      3  Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days
      scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
      4  And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for
      since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they
      were from the beginning of the creation.
      5  For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of
      God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of
      the water and in the water:
      6  Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with
      water, perished:

      Fist of all verse for is a prediction the scoffers will be saying that physical processes continue unchanged; which they do. Second that because if that they are "willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of
      God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water."  The actual phrase that "by the word of God the heavens were of old" in other words they denying that the heaves were created by the word of God on the claim that physical processes continue unchanged and not "that the heavens came out long ago"

      By the way your repeated references to the plural heaves shows that you do not understand the English use of the term any better than you do the Hebrew. In Hebrew the plural can indicate large size as well as number such is the case in the Biblewhen referring the the universe. If you knew Hebrew 1/10 th as well as you claim you would know this. This concept is reflected in the English Majestic Plural.

      > Once you question the fundamentalist assumption of all scientist,
      > that matter is not continually changing itself,

      This is not the fundamentalist assumption of all scientists. The real fundamentalist assumption of all scientists is that the universe is understandable. Which makes since from a Christian perspective.

      Science does accept the there are ways in which is continually changing itself. Atoms interact with each other forming new substances wit unique properties. Subatomic particles interact or decay forming other particles. The mass of a particle can change by absorbing or giving off energy, this bases of nuclear power. So before claiming that scientists assume that matter is not continually changing itself, you need to define exactly what you mean by this term.

      > then you can accept cosmic history as we observe it actually
      > happened in all parts of the light spectrum.

      Except that what you call cosmic history has no basses in reality. I don't reject you so called cosmic history because of not excepting your notion about matter continually changing itself but because what you claim is there does not exist out side you imagination.

      > Jeremiah 10:12 He actively continues in unbroken continuity to  make the earth.
      > (Zech 12:1 says he continues in unbroken continuity to lay the foundations of the Earth.
      > Compact objects, such as the Earth continue to get bigger, as we confirm in the fact
      > that the continents fit together on a minuscule globe.) In the same Jeremiah verse,
      > the stretching of the plural heavens uses a perfect verb, a completed action. He
      > finished stretching out the primeval galaxies long ago. It was not until the fourth
      > day that he began to continually form the Sun Moon and stars and make them
      > into things that spread out (raqiya - see the literal Hebrew for day 4).
      >
      > However, Isaiah 51:13 uses an active participle (active action that continues
      > in unbroken continuity) for the stretching out of the plural heavens (not the
      > singular vacuum of space time). Isaiah 40:26 says he continues in unbroken
      > continuity to call the stars to come out, yet none go missing.

      First of Victor NO ONE has confirmed that the continents fit together on a minuscule globe. To get them to do so requires computer simulation as actually twist and stretch the the continents to make them fit. Even the original not computer models have significant gaps in them. The also totally ignore the the continual shelves. So this expanded Earth theory is bogus.

      Second you talk about understanding the Bible the way the human authors would have but yet they did known about galaxies so you claim that the "plural heavens" refers to galaxies goes against your entire premise about understanding the Bible the way the human authors would have, so you do not apply your own principles consistently.

      Once again Victor you writing your words and claiming them as being from the Bible. Lets see what the Bible actually says.

      Jeremiah 10:12 (KJB) He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established
      the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.

      Zechariah 12:1 (KJB)
      1  The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth
      forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of
      man within him.

      Isaiah 51:13 (KJB) And forgettest the LORD thy maker, that hath stretched forth
      the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth; and hast feared continually
      every day because of the fury of the oppressor, as if he were ready to destroy?
      and where is the fury of the oppressor?

      Isaiah 40:26 (KJB) Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these
      things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by
      the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.
      Victor in translating between languages you CAN not just add the verb tense definitions to the translated word as get an accurate translation your have to translate the verb tenses in to that of the new language other wise you get total non sense as you repeatedly prove. Also even if you deny that God inspires translation, you are still being argent in the extreme to imply that you know Greek and Hebrew better than the King James translators did.

      The fact is given the Hebrew use of the plural to refer to size and the English and other languages use of the Majestic Plural using the plural "heaves" and singular "heaven" to refer to the universe is not only legitimate but accurate as well.