11957Re: [CreationTalk] Distant Starlight

    Aug 9, 2014
      Telescopes are great, since they gather light and let us see the past. Since we taxpayers pay for the great telescopes, we can observe the universe in gamma, X-ray, ultra violet, optical, infrared and radio waves from the comfort of our armchairs. NASA has a policy (different from ESA)  that space telescope pictures are in the public domain. This permits us to download 60 mb files of the Hubble Ultra Deep Field and examine the spectra of each galaxy as the universe existed long ago. You can also join the galaxy zoo and help catalog raw images of galaxies. There are at least 500 billion galaxies and astronomers do not live long enough to catalog more than a few in their lifetimes.

      When examining the universe, it is important to first examine one's fundamental assumptions. Peter predicted the false idea that the last day mockers would use to obfuscate cosmic history. They will use their notion that all things that exist remain the same (panata houtos diamenei)
      to obfuscate the evidence that the plural heaves are ek palai - out old. Once you question the fundamentalist assumption of all scientist, that matter is not continually changing itself, then you can accept cosmic history as we observe it actually happened in all parts of the light spectrum.

      The universe is not getting bigger. The Bible uses two different verb forms to explain how God created the universe.

      Jeremiah 10:12 He actively continues in unbroken continuity to  make the earth. (Zech 12:1 says he continues in unbroken continuity to lay the foundations of the Earth. Compact objects, such as the Earth continue to get bigger, as we confirm in the fact that the continents fit together on a minuscule globe.) In the same Jeremiah verse, the stretching of the plural heavens uses a perfect verb, a completed action. He finished stretching out the primeval galaxies long ago. It was not until the fourth day that he began to continually form the Sun Moon and stars and make them into things that spread out (raqiya - see the literal Hebrew for day 4).

      However, Isaiah 51:13 uses an active participle (active action that continues in unbroken continuity) for the stretching out of the plural heavens (not the singular vacuum of space time). Isaiah 40:26 says he continues in unbroken continuity to call the stars to come out, yet none go missing.

      Is the Bible contradicting itself? No.  The space between galaxy clusters is not stretching out, as in scientific mythologies. Yet individual galaxies and galaxies clusters are shooting out small galaxies and continually spreading out. The Magellanic galaxies are connected to the core of the Milky Way by a long river of neutral hydrogen, evidence that they were ejected from the MW.  In countless galaxies and clusters, we observe streams of stars emerging and spreading out to form huge growth spirals as God continues to call the stars to continually come out. Indeed, he commands us in the imperative to lift up our eyes at the heavens that reveal his great glory. When you use your telescope you are obeying the BIble.

      What is visible trumps invisible things like the spreading vacuum of space time or other absurdities.  The Bible says that light reveals the truth and exposes error because all that is visible is light (see the Greek for Eph 5:13). Indeed, light and matter are intimately related (see creation day one). which is why light is important but mathematical theories based on the notion that atoms are perpetual motion engines are nonsense.

      Victor, Changing Earth Creationist

      On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 7:02 PM, kptnfmrs@... [CreationTalk] <CreationTalk@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I joined the Creation Talk group on Yahoo today and saw a bunch of the posts about distant starlight and such. I don't have any letters after my name, but I have enjoyed amateur astronomy since I acquired a C-8 telescope back in about 1978.

      Without boring you with a bunch of my life's details, I have recently (in the last year or so) taken a special interest in the distant starlight conundrum. I have watched John Hartnet's DVD: Starlight, Time and The New Physics about ten times. I was captivated by the notion of the accelerating expansion of the universe and Hartnet's conclusion of the consequential compression of time. I haven't read Moshe Carmeli's book yet (don't know if I'll even be able to comprehend it when it gets here), but it makes me wonder about the "engine" that is driving the acceleration. Is it being pushed from the inside or pulled from the outside (rhetorical?) One question that comes to mind is "What is the expanding universe displacing?" I'm guessing that beyond the finite expanding universe is nothing, absolutely nothing.

      "Nothing" would be less dense than the vacuum of the space that we're familiar with, therefore I speculate that the universe is being drawn out into the void with the diminishing acceleration that has been observed. This appeals to me because the energy that would cause the acceleration is identified (that being the difference in density.)

      Okay, I'll stop jabbering, now. You guys with letters after your names can tell me what you think.

      Then he said "Arggh!" and pressed <Send>

      Jb 26:7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place (and) hangeth the earth upon nothing.

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic