Reminder - MONTHLY MODERATION REMINDER

  • CreationEvolutionDesign@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2004

      MONTHLY MODERATION REMINDER

      Date: Monday, August 2, 2004
      Time: 8:00AM CST (GMT+08:00)

      Group

      The following policies and/or rulings of CED are
      highlighted:

      * Members must keep separate in their minds the two
      roles of Stephen E. Jones the Moderator (`umpire')
      and Steve Jones the member (`player') (2 Aug 04).

      * Netiquette: members are encouraged to edit out of
      their replies all unnecessary text from previous posts
      (5 Apr 04).

      * URLs: members should not just post a URL, or
      article, or quote, etc (except in a tagline), without
      prefacing it in their own words (7 Jun 04), and quoting
      at least a paragraph from it (2 Aug 04).

      * Viruses: members should be running up-to-date
      virus-prevention software (3 May 04).

      Stephen E. Jones
      MODERATOR
    • joshuaschroeder
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2004
        --- In CreationEvolutionDesign@yahoogroups.com,
        CreationEvolutionDesign@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        > * Members must keep separate in their minds the two
        > roles of Stephen E. Jones the Moderator (`umpire')
        > and Steve Jones the member (`player') (2 Aug 04).

        Q: Is the E. a device for keeping the two roles separate?
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1, 2004
          Group

          From: "joshuaschroeder" <jschroed@...>
          Date: Mon Aug 2, 2004 8:38 am
          Subject: Re: Reminder - MONTHLY MODERATION REMINDER

          [...]

          >***>* Members must keep separate in their minds the two
          >>roles of Stephen E. Jones the Moderator (`umpire')
          >>and Steve Jones the member (`player') (2 Aug 04).

          JS>Q: Is the E. a device for keeping the two roles separate?

          *** Moderator: I regard this as a frivolous question by
          Joshua designed to undermine the Moderator's position,
          and hence a breach of rule #1:

          The rules of CED are:
          1. ... Undermining the Moderator's position is incompatible
          with membership. [...]

          I assume that all CED members, including Joshua, have higher
          than average intelligence, and therefore it is perfectly
          obvious to them why I use the names "Stephen E. Jones" as
          "Moderator" and "Steve Jones" as "member", to help
          distinguish between the two roles of "umpire" and "player".

          Since Joshua already has incurred a Moderator's warning
          in respect of rule #1 in the last month (indeed on this
          very issue):

          beating up on creationists ...

          [...]

          What's more this is a counterattack by Joshua on Stephen
          E. Jones the Moderator by dragging into the debate alleged
          "violation of the rules" by Steve Jones the member (thus
          deliberately confusing the two roles of `umpire' and
          `player'), which is also a breach of CED's rule #1:

          1. ... Undermining the Moderator's position is
          incompatible with membership. [...]

          I have also added this to my next Monthly Moderator's
          Reminder:

          The following policies and/or rulings of CED are
          highlighted:

          * Members must keep separate in their minds the two
          roles of Stephen E. Jones the Moderator (`umpire')
          and Steve Jones the member (`player') (2 Aug 04).

          Because Joshua may be unaware of this ruling, I will
          not issue a penalty this time. But if Joshua does it
          again, he will be moderated, up to and including
          removal from membership. [...]

          his posting privileges to CED are hereby suspended for
          one (1) week until 1:30 PM (Western Australian time GMT
          +8:00), Monday 9 August 2004.***

          [...]

          Stephen E. Jones
          MODERATOR

          "Those who believe in the principle of gradual
          evolution, will not readily admit that the sense of smell
          in its present state was originally acquired by man, as
          he now exists. He inherits the power in an enfeebled
          and so far rudimentary condition, from some early
          progenitor, to whom it was highly serviceable, and by
          whom it was continually used." (Darwin C.R., "The
          Descent of Man and Selection in Relation to Sex,"
          [1871], John Murray: London, Second Edition, 1922,
          reprint, p.25)
          Stephen E. Jones http://members.iinet.net.au/~sejones
        • CreationEvolutionDesign@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 5, 2004

            MONTHLY MODERATION REMINDER

            Date: Monday, September 6, 2004
            Time: 8:00AM CST (GMT+08:00)

            Group

            The following policies and/or rulings of
            CED are highlighted:

            * Members must keep separate in their
            minds the two roles of Stephen E. Jones
            the Moderator (`umpire') and Steve
            Jones the member (`player') (2 Aug 04).

            * Limit of 4 posts per member/per day
            (Rule #5). Some common-sense latitude
            will be usually allowed, but a member
            who flouts this rule by swamping CED
            with a large quantity of low quality posts
            in a day, or by a `tit-for-tat' power
            struggle with one or a few other
            member(s), will be moderated. (5 Sep

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 3, 2004

              MONTHLY MODERATION REMINDER

              Date: Monday, October 4, 2004
              Time: 8:00AM CST (GMT+08:00)

              Group

              The following policies and/or rulings of CED are
              highlighted:

              * Members must keep separate in their minds the two
              roles of Stephen E. Jones the Moderator (`umpire')
              and Steve Jones the member (`player') (2 Aug 04).

              * Members who use the word "lie", "dishonest" (or their
              cognates) of another member will have to either: 1)
              support it with sufficient evidence; or 2) retract it.
              Failure to do so will mean *automatic* removal from
              CED (6 Oct 04)

              * Limit of 4 posts per member/per day (Rule #5). Some
              common-sense latitude will be usually allowed, but a
              member who flouts this rule by swamping CED with a
              large quantity of posts in a day will be moderated. (5
              Sep 04)