Problems with Evolution

  • mysqlgeek
    Message 1 of 62 , Nov 1, 2003
      Hi All,

      This is my first post to the group. My name is Todd Talcott. I'm
      trying to get a better understanding of the evolutionists position.
      Does anyone know what the most pressing problems are that
      evolutionists have with evolution? In other words, I am assuming
      that there are scientists out there that believe in evolution in
      general, but have specific problems with the most widely accepted (by
      evolutionists) current particular methods by which nature is believed
      to have evolved. What are the different arguments for each
      evolutionary approach? If anyone knows of books or websites, I would
      appreciate knowing about those as well.

      Thanks,
      Todd
    • paulcanagnostopoulos
      Message 62 of 62 , Nov 5, 2003
        --- In CreationEvolutionDesign@yahoogroups.com, Paul <pk4_paul@y...>
        wrote:
        > > Pick some point that you're comfortable calling
        > > life. All the
        > > precursors of that organism are non-life, but
        > > critical to the
        > > evolution of the first lifeforms.
        > >
        > > ~~ Paul
        >
        > Paul: Prokarotic organisms. You're not going to
        > establish a point by defining it in such a way that it
        > fits your preconceptions. A precursor can be labeled
        > such when the outcome is verified i.e. showing the
        > chemical trail that starts with "precursors" and ends
        > with a functional prokartote. Experimental evidence
        > not the usual story. That is the way you approach
        > unknown questions right?

        I'm not sure what you're saying. I have no preconceived notion about
        what is life and what is not, because I think it's nothing more than
        a matter of definition. But yes, I agree that evidence is required
        for establishing the origin of "life."

        ~~ Paul