Re: Why is Earth mostly crater-free compared to the pockmarked Moon?, etc

  • Laurie Appleton
    Message 1 of 36 , Oct 1, 2003
      To All,
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Joe Martin
      To: CreationEvolutionDesign@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 11:42 AM
      Subject: RE: Why is Earth mostly crater-free compared to the pockmarked Moon?, etc

      Joe wrote that;
      Several whole books are not physical scientific
      evidence of a meteor impact. They are words on paper, usually
      some one's opinion.

      If Joe would apply THAT sort of reasoning to Charles Darwin's writings, then why is he so fixated on evolutionism? After all, numerous evolutionists have admitted that the evidence, as they now see it, has "delighted the creationists"!

      Joe continues:
      Barringer crater is evidence of an impact. I can look at
      pictures of it. A little closer to home for Laurie is Wolf Creek
      Crater, which I believe Stephen has visited. Much closer to home for me
      is the Sudbury Basin. I have seen and touched the evidence of that
      impact. Laurie has a whole book. no crater. and no scientific evidence
      of a crater.

      Even evolutionists speak of the "Ring of Fire" around the Pacific ocean and thus it might well be the evidence of the impact, as proposed by the late astronomer George Dodwell, whose work has been briefly outlineds by Creation scientists. The impact sites that Joe refers to are mere fire crackers compared to the Pacific ocean.

      LA> Again Joe has failed to support such a claim with any
      documentation. There *IS* said to be an IRIDIUM layer all over the world
      and if that is the case it would necessarily be in all places around the
      Pacific Ocean too.

      Joe:
      The iridium layer Laurie is speaking of can be traced to the Chicxulub
      crater in Mexico's Yucatan and is a little older than Laurie's 2345 BC
      claim.

      On the contrary, evolutionist Dr. Derek Ager strongly questions the "Iridium hypothesis," as the following indicates;
      ----------------------------

      "Jaeger (1986) maintained that (to quote his English
      summary):

      "Iridium anomolies and extinctions of
      organisms in earth history are two fundamentally
      different phenomena. The alleged sudden mass mortality
      at the C/T boundary is an illusion."

      (The New Catastrophism, Derek Ager, Emeritus Professor of
      Geology, University College of Swansea, 1993, p. 190)

      L.K. Appleton
      lappleto@...

      The Catholic Church has consistently opposed materialism, as
      any genuinely Christian church must. John Paul II's statement
      continued this tradition. (Phillip E. Johnson)

    • Laurie Appleton
      Message 36 of 36 , Oct 1, 2003
        To All,