Re: I guess it's time to resign from CED (was MODERATOR My posts)

  • pk4_paul
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
      > John:
      > You'll be happy to know I took such an interest in CED the first
      week that
      > you suspended Paul A's posting privileges, Steve, that I counted
      the number
      > of posts that your list received in the week before his suspension
      (from
      > June 5 through June 12) and first seven days he was suspended
      (June 12 to
      > June 19) and found the following:
      > June 5-12 post count: 123
      > June 12-19 post count: 35
      > Which means that by suspending Paul A, you decreased your own
      list's post
      > output by 72%. I wonder how it will perform now that he's gone.

      PK: The total number of posts will decrease for a time. Paul A. was
      an active member. How the group performs is a separate issue. My
      own view is that a good, informative post means more than ten
      mediocre ones. There are no indispensible members. Paul A. was
      energetic in promoting what he believed but the group will continue
      without him.

      > John
      > (note that I am cc'ing this post to anti-CED as well)

      PK: I (and most others I would suspect) have a tendency to not look
      back when I leave a group. How obsessed does one have to be to be
      preoccupied with the actions of a group to which you are no longer a
      member?