14647Re: MODERATOR Anti-CED Carries On Where CED Leaves Off

    Jul 21, 2005

      From: John Distazo <John.Distazo@...>
      Date: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:19 pm
      Subject: Anti-CED Carries On Where CED Leaves Off

      JD>Members of CED,
      >Please feel free, after CED terminates posting privileges for members,
      >to join Anti-CED, which will continue to stay active after the demise
      >of CED and for which membership in will no longer be in conflict.

      *** Moderator: There never has been a "conflict" for
      "membership". As John well knows (because I have
      reminded him several times publicly on his list and mine)
      from the very outset I made it clear that members of CED
      could be members of Anti-CED, and some have. The only
      exception was John the Moderator of Anti-CED, under the
      then rules of CED. But even that changed at least 8 months
      ago and both John and I were each a member of the other's
      list, until March this year when I unsubscribed from Anti-

      If CED members wish to join Anti-CED, they can do it with
      my blessing. As I said when I gave a week's notice of my
      intention to terminate CED 6PM Perth time, on 22 July 2005
      I wanted to give members time to make alternative arrangements
      (which I expected would include John inviting CED members
      to join Anti-CED). ***

      Stephen E. Jones

      "Biology is the study of complicated things that give the
      appearance of having been designed for a purpose."
      (Dawkins R., "The Blind Watchmaker," [1986], Penguin:
      London, 1991, reprint, p.1)
      Stephen E. Jones http://members.iinet.net.au/~sejones
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic