1355Re: The ID movement

  • Brian D Harper
    Oct 9, 2001
      At 05:57 PM 10/7/01 +0800, Steve wrote:

      >DN>Below is the first of a series of extracts from my article "Intelligent
      > >theory: the way forward?", Stimulus, volume 9, issue 2, May 2001, pp.8-13.
      >Don in his self-introduction had said that "Stimulus" was "The NZ
      >Journal of Christian Thought and Practice". This is significant in that
      >Don is writing as a Christian, in a Christian journal, attacking a
      >movement that advocates design and defending Darwinism, a
      >movement that denies design.

      I have a hard time understanding this statement unless it is
      based on the premise that ID is a Christian movement. Can
      you clarify?

      Also, IMHO, speculations about motives, priorities etc. should not
      enter these discussions.

      Brian Harper
      Associate Professor
      Mechanical Engineering
      The Ohio State University
      "It appears to me that this author is asking much
      less than what you are refusing to answer."
      Galileo as Simplicio in <Dialogue Concerning
      the Two Chief World Systems>
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic