New Crafty Crafters Expos

  • Sparky
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 23, 2012
      Dear Members,
      Many of you have been with Crafty Crafters from the early years and its
      gone thru many changes. I for one have had fond memories of the great
      craft shows and great vendors that have become lasting friends over the
      years. In the last few years, we have lost our venues not due to
      anything we have done but because of financial constraints from our
      hosting sites. Medina Temple was a great site for us but they found it
      more profitable to do weddings and book the "big shows". So they asked
      us to leave. And Countryside had possibilities, but the town would not
      allow us to put up our own advertising signs and wanted to charge us
      $100 per sign to advertise our expos. That proved not to be the best
      venue for us, but we met some fantastic vendors and are still vendors
      today at our fairy festival in August.
      Well things go full circle and due to financial constraints, Dave and I
      can no longer give Crafty Crafters the attention it deserves and we
      don't want to see it die. Crafty Crafters has been sold again to the
      original owners. I don't know whether the name will stay the same or
      what form it will take in the future but I can assure you it will be top
      notch and offer great shows and opportunities for its vendors.
      I thank you all for the friendships over the years, your patience and
      your great suggestions.We'll stay in touch and The World of Faeries who
      has always been a vendor with Crafty Crafters is now in its 9th year and
      will be one of the vendors I'm sure at these new craft shows. And we
      have had a great time putting together our annual fairy festival in
      South Elgin. The festival takes a year to plan and we need the time to
      dedicate to that. I'm sure I'll see some of you again in the future.
      It's been a tough few years financially for crafters and craft shows,
      but here's hoping that 2013 will finally be the turnaround year for us
      and it will be a profitable one for all of us. Blessings and good luck
      to all of you. Dave and Gloria Yaeger