Re: [Crafty_Crafters_IL] Crafty Crafters

  • Stanley Modrzyk
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2011
      Dear Dave & Gloria,

      Sorry to hear! The last year has been tough in this economy. Last quarter I did 2 shows where I barely made table cost...did one and took a loss....and this before Christmas! This year I am only doing 1 show a month, picking and choosing the best money makers from past experience, and waiting for the economy to pick back up.  2012 WILL be better!!!!!

      Attendance at Festivals is down as well...people can't afford to travel with gas at $4/gal. Our own Pan Pagan Festival (which runs 8/3-8) is down by almost 50% on attendance.

      And yes, I know the "can't discriminate because of age" bs.  Corps would rather hire a 30 year old with no clue than to hire someone over 50 (over 65 in my case) with years of valuable experience. (Corporate Intelligence...another oxymoron.)

      All for now.  Be Well!

      Stan Modrzyk/aka Mystic Beauty