Re: [Crafty_Crafters_IL] Crafty Crafters

  • Wandcrafter
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11, 2011
      Dear Glo and Dave,

      I'm sorry to hear that the shows are stumbling in this horrid economy.  I want to thank you and Dave for giving me my first chance at showing my wares, and for being so warmly welcoming.  I truly enjoyed and benefited from the couple of shows I did with you, even the last one, where I made no sales... because it gave me an opportunity to "practice".  Pam and I are now doing shows like those at the Lake County Fair Grounds and FallDiddley... but never would have had the courage to try for those were it not for the learning experience your show provided us.

      Many thanks, and best wishes for a brighter future.

      Carol

      Carol Oster & Pam Ughetti

      Wandcrafters
      http://wandcrafter.net

      Remember - the magic in your own life comes from the magic you create in the lives of others.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 13, 2011
        Dear Dave & Gloria,

        Sorry to hear! The last year has been tough in this economy. Last quarter I did 2 shows where I barely made table cost...did one and took a loss....and this before Christmas! This year I am only doing 1 show a month, picking and choosing the best money makers from past experience, and waiting for the economy to pick back up.  2012 WILL be better!!!!!

        Attendance at Festivals is down as well...people can't afford to travel with gas at $4/gal. Our own Pan Pagan Festival (which runs 8/3-8) is down by almost 50% on attendance.

        And yes, I know the "can't discriminate because of age" bs.  Corps would rather hire a 30 year old with no clue than to hire someone over 50 (over 65 in my case) with years of valuable experience. (Corporate Intelligence...another oxymoron.)

        All for now.  Be Well!

        Regards,
        Stan Modrzyk/aka Mystic Beauty