WHAT DID YOU TEACH?

  • norm_amorose
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2005
      HAVE YOU BEEN GUILTY OF LOOKING AT OTHERS YOUR OWN AGE AND THINKING, "SURELY I CAN'T LOOK THAT OLD?"

      I WAS SITTING IN THE WAITING ROOM FOR MY FIRST APPOINTMENT WITH A NEW DENTIST. I NOTICED HIS DDS DIPLOMA, WHICH BORE HIS FULL NAME. SUDDENLY, I REMEMBERED A TALL, HANDSOME, DARK-HAIRED BOY WITH THE SAME NAME HAD BEEN IN MY HIGH SCHOOL CLASS SOME 40-ODD YEARS AGO.

      COULD HE BE THE SAME GUY THAT I HAD A SECRET CRUSH ON, WAY BACK THEN??

      UPON SEEING HIM, HOWEVER, I QUICKLY DISCARDED ANY SUCH THOUGHT. THIS BALDING, GRAY-HAIRED MAN WITH THE DEEPLY LINED FACE WAS WAY TOO OLD TO HAVE BEEN MY CLASSMATE. HMMM,... OR COULD HE???

      AFTER HE EXAMINED MY TEETH, I ASKED HIM IF HE HAD ATTENDED CRAFTON HIGH SCHOOL.

      "YES. YES, I DID. I'M A COUGAR," HE GLEAMED WITH PRIDE.

      "WHEN DID YOU GRADUATE?" I ASKED.

      HE ANSWERED, "IN 1960. WHY DO YOU ASK?"

      "YOU WERE IN MY CLASS!" I EXCLAIMED.

      HE LOOKED AT ME CLOSELY.

      THEN, THAT UGLY, OLD, WRINKLED SON-OF-A-GUN ASKED, "WHAT DID YOU TEACH?"

      Norm Amorose, '60
      Grasonville, MD