Re: Backbone Road

  • GeorgieBMac@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2000
      Regarding Backbone Road,

      anyone ever know the speed limit?

      Returning to school, after lunch, I remember Johnny O'Toole trying to get the car up to 60 mph.!

      ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

      Georgie Blackwood, '61
    • RUT42@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2000
        In a message Georgie Blackwood wrote:

        >anyone ever know the speed limit?

        regarding backbone road......any of my brother's 'mates remember him driving
        over the side of the hill in his '53 chevy, traversing the creek (the car
        floated...honestly) and then driving up the other side to leave a number of
        tracks on Lagemann's golf course????

        or on a slightly more serious note......perhaps Mickey Bannon would share
        with us his experience in his relatively new car that he totaled on the
        'bone??? I understand that on that particular evening, Albert Reisdorf is to
        be commended....anyone care to embellish this story???

        mike rutledge, '71