Crafton celebrity news

  • loring e. jahnke
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2000
      cougs:

      as Miss Hutchison would say, "aujourd'hui, je
      suis malade". Today, I am sick. And so is one
      of my Boxers.

      lying a la Camille, with a sick dog,
      throughout the a.m. hours, i happened upon one of
      those obnoxious morning television programs. stay
      with me, because there is more to my story than
      the fact that they should have put Bryant Gumble
      on the island with the "Survivors" because the
      others would have eaten *him* instead of rats, and
      we would be rid of an egotistical morning talkshow
      host.

      Just my opinion :-)

      I digress.

      it wasn't Gumble, and i cannot even remember
      what station, but i telecommandoed around the dial
      and happened to hit a talkshow *just* when the
      "expert" morning movie reviewer was holding forth,
      and the group discussion got around to horror
      movies. I missed the part about why horror movies
      were the subject, but the group asked each other
      what was the scariest movie they had ever seen.
      It was almost like watching a slumber party from
      the 60s.

      The Exorcist garnered a couple of votes in
      this group of about six participants, and the
      movie reviewer mentioned a couple other gruesome
      films--not Psycho, though, which I thought was
      odd, or The Birds. Maybe I missed the part where
      they defined "horror movie". maybe "horror" had
      to be worse than scary.

      anyway, the movie reviewer said, solemnly,
      "The Night of the Living Dead".

      I rose up off my sickbed, practically hurling
      the sick Boxer sleeping next to me to the floor,
      and yelled, "Judy Ridley! Crafton High School!
      circa 1962!"

      I have to say to Judy, out there in
      cougarland, I had a hard time watching that movie
      and I closed my eyes during a lot of the really
      scary parts when the living dead were trying to
      break into the house, but I watched NOLD to see
      you in there somewhere. I could never figure out
      which ghoul you were. You looked so pretty in the
      shop in Shadyside, and no one in that film was
      pretty.

      Some day you, Judy, must do a post about
      making the movie. Which grave did you come out
      of? Which human did you terrorize? How did you
      get the role? Was it scary playing the role of a
      ghoul, or was it funny, in which case, how did you
      keep from laughing? Et cetera.

      to finish the midmorning television talkshow,
      the movie reviewer went on to comment about "The
      Night of the Living Dead II". I don't know if you
      were in this, Judy, or if you were already in
      suburbia. He said he was in Pittsburgh, in the
      mall where the film was made, and that he was so
      scared that he couldn't even get out of his car.

      this sounded a bit dramatic to me, but maybe
      his comments will create new interest in the scary
      original and Judy will get residuals.

      crafton celebs. . .

      loringelizabethjahnke
      mowgli@...
      uppertumonguam
    • loring e. jahnke
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2000
        "Pat Green (Izatt)" wrote:

        > When you mentioned The Night of the Living Dead, I also had flashbacks.
        >
        > Jim and I take in Special Needs Foster Children and for ten years we had Hillary Kamin living here. Her Dad, Dan, who is now a professional Mime and Magician was also in that movie. He also did consult work for The Charlie Chaplan movie a few years back.

        Ten years.

        That is not fostering. That is practically adopting.

        Good on you!

        Which grave did Dan crawl out of?

        loringelizabethjahnke
        mowgli@...
        uppertumonguam
      • RUT42@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2000
          Pat Green (Izatt), '57,

          if Judy DOES remember Dan, I'll bet it wasn't over their conversations.....
          :)

          mike rutledge, '71