Re: "Neb Nose"

  • johler1966
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2004
      --- In CraftonReunion@yahoogroups.com, "KIRKPATRICK WILLIAM" <hubkirk@v...> wrote:

      > Also, as we get away from Pittsburgh and Pittsburgese you think you are over it. Well the other night at work we were talking about a fellow worker and I said he was a Neb Nose. Well my fellow workers about died with laughter. I had to explain to them what a neb nose was. Today, I was doing handy hubby work for a guy and asked him if he wanted me to prune his jagger bushes. Got a look from him also.
      >
      > Looking forward to the reunion. Will be in Pittsburgh for a wedding that weekend.
      >
      > Hub Kirkpatrick, '59

      I know what you mean, Hub. Just after I moved from Pittsburgh to Washington, DC in 1968, I had a boss who always snooped on my desk to see where his work was in comparison with my other bosses' -- anyway, this one day I called him nebby -- and he said WHAT -- I told him again he was nebby. So then I had to explain to him that he was nosey -- he said why didn't you say that in the first place -- told him I did -- he was "nebby" !!!!

      Even though living in Florida for the past 20 years (WOW) I still find myself saying Pittsburgh words -- I red up the house, I drink pop, and other little things that people look at me weird about!!!!

      I have an aunt who lives in Arizona (for about 30 years) and before that she lived in DC for a bunch of years so has been away from Pittsburgh at least 40 - 45 years. When I talk to her she STILL comes up with some of the fabulous words that we used all the time!!!!!

      Love to all and 32 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Adele Johler Roupp -- 1966