Re: old memories

  • GLENN THOMSON
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2003
      --- In CraftonReunion@yahoogroups.com, Dbase41@a... wrote:

      > has anyone been chased out of lageman's farm? - YES
      > has anyone gone skinny dipping, in crafton pool, late at night? - YES
      > has anyone climbed the wzum radio tower? - NO
      > has anyone hung around a place called goonsland? - YES.
      >
      > -Mark Schuster
      > Canevin '75

      mark,

      speaking of "has anyone":

      1. has anyone walked the girders underneath the thornburg bridge ?
      2. has anyone driven a gocart thru the storm drain from the shopping center to chartiers ?
      3. has anyone jumped off the backbone cliffs into the borough leaf pile ?
      4. has anyone jumped a freight from thornburg to carnegie and back ?
      5. has anyone raced cement carts (and tipped one over) on the bottom of the swimming pool ?

      these are strictly hypothetical and by no means an admission of guilt by the author.

      glenn thomson (60)
    • bcreely
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2003
        --- In CraftonReunion@yahoogroups.com, GLENN THOMSON <gdt97217@c...> wrote:

        > speaking of "has anyone":
        >
        > 1. has anyone walked the girders underneath the thornburg bridge ?
        > 2. has anyone driven a gocart thru the storm drain from the shopping center to chartiers ?
        > 3. has anyone jumped off the backbone cliffs into the borough leaf pile ?
        > 4. has anyone jumped a freight from thornburg to carnegie and back ?
        > 5. has anyone raced cement carts (and tipped one over) on the bottom of the swimming pool ?
        >
        > these are strictly hypothetical and by no means an admission of guilt by the author.
        >
        > glenn thomson (60)

        hey glenn,

        a kid from ingram built a shack in the storm sewer near where the bowling alley was later built, a big rain damn near killed him. i think his name was butch(?) gartley. he had a couch, a chair and a cot in the manhole!!!

        around the time the center was going up, another kid started some equipment and raised all kinds of hell at the construction site. i think he may have patrolman clark's first big bust.

        how about catching frogs and tadpoles in the big mud puddle near the athletic field? kmart was later built on the site. my mom wouldn't let us in the house 'til we hosed off outside. did this make us some of the original hosers???

        bob creely, '60
      • luluchoo2003
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2003
          --- In CraftonReunion@yahoogroups.com, GLENN THOMSON <gdt97217@c...> wrote:

          > speaking of "has anyone":

          > these are strictly hypothetical and by no means an admission of guilt by the author.
          >
          > glenn thomson (60)

          Here's one for you:

          Has anyone jumped off what was the "Bridge to Nowhere," on a hot August night, way back in 1967?

          Only to find out just how dirty the river was----and ESPECIALLY the SIDES OF THE RIVER while trying to pull oneself out of the murky waters?

          I'm not admitting to anything, but.....

          Lou Ann Chamberlin
          Class of '67
        • JACK MANGUM
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2003
            --- In CraftonReunion@yahoogroups.com, GLENN THOMSON <gdt97217@c...> wrote:

            > speaking of "has anyone":
            >
            > 1. has anyone walked the girders underneath the thornburg bridge ?
            > 2. has anyone driven a gocart thru the storm drain from the shopping center to chartiers ?
            >
            > glenn thomson (60)

            Yes, Glenn.....

            The Thornburg Bridge and the storm drains were explored by a bunch of us...but not on gocarts.

            My parents would have flipped, had they known. They are gone now...so my secret remains safe...but PLEASE...

            don't tell my Grandchildren.

            ...di

            Diana Hartz Mangum, '64