Schreiner's Garage

  • cobraman687
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2002
      Does anyone remember Schreiner's Garage, in Crafton?

      Paul Newburn, '69
    • gdt97007@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2002
        --- In CraftonReunion@y..., "cobraman687" <cobraman687@y...> wrote:

        > Does anyone remember Schreiner's Garage, in Crafton?
        >
        > Paul Newburn, '69

        paul,

        i remember it being across from the rosslyn inn, on rt-60 (the end of my paper route). the schreiners lived in the house on steuben, next to the present concert shell, at the park.

        glenn thomson (60)
      • jrd852@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 9, 2002
          --- In CraftonReunion@y..., "cobraman687" <cobraman687@y...> wrote:

          > Does anyone remember Schreiner's Garage, in Crafton?
          >
          > Paul Newburn, '69

          Thanks for bringing that up...

          That place was the greatest! We took everything from go-carts to vaccuum cleaners there. Welding, done right, dirt cheap! It wasn't much to look at, and although I no longer remember the guy's name, I remember his patience and determination to do the best job he could. That was a regular stop en route to the flats. Greasy garages were always a scenic stop along the way.

          John Davidson, '68