Re: reunion

  • CraftonReunion
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 28, 2002
      --- In CraftonReunion@y..., "MARY AHR" <mlahr@m... > wrote:

      > checking to see about any upcoming reunions this year or if there isn't any until next year.
      >
      > thank you,
      >
      > mary lou manecke ahr, '47

      Mary Lou,

      The confusion originates with "CHSAA." That stands for "Crafton High School Alumni Association." Their January, 2002 announcement was:

      > As I have previously indicated there are no plans for a CHSAA reunion in
      > 2002. We are zeroing-in on the weekend of August 15th & 16th in 2003 for our
      > next gathering. I am in the process right now of discussing availability and
      > prices with several hotels in Pittsburgh and should have an announcement by
      > the end of this month. Both our 2000 and 2001 reunions were fun and rewarding
      > but the fact is our attendance dropped appreciably from the first to the
      > second...thereby indicating annual reunions may not be in keeping with our
      > constituency's ideas of the frequency of events. So we are skipping a year
      > and hope enthusiasm and attendance both will be enhanced by waiting a year. I
      > welcome comments from all who may want to weigh in on this subject.
      >
      > John McLean "57"

      Rest assured, CraftonReunion will be holding our Third Annual All-Years Reunion this July at the Holiday Inn - Arport. If all goes according to plan, you will receive your Invitation, in early April, via US Mail. And we'll have our free website (http://www.CraftonReunion.org) up and running this month. So all the news isn't bad.

      Now, I have a question for YOU.

      Do you know where we can find more of your Classmates? We'd like to invite them, also.

      Your Friendly (and highly optimistic) Moderator