Good News

  • Hub Kirkpatrick
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2001
      Hub 59 here.

      Good news on the Prostate Cancer.

      I had a bone scan yesterday and the Doctor told me this morning that the cancer had not spread to my bones. I am a relieved Cougar! Thank God for early detection and the yearly PSA blood test my doctor does. Yes I will have to have the prostate removed, but in the next four months I will be on Lupron, which stops the manufacture of Testostorone. This helps shrink the prostate back to normal size and stops the growth of more cancer cells.

      The operation will be in early October and the side effects of impotence and incontinence will be less that two percent. I will get a second opinion but I really like the guy I am working with.

      Thanks for your support!

      Hub Kirkpatrick, '59