Passing of Dean Kaltenborn, '59

  • pmbryan61
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2012
      Just saw in the latest edition of the Penn Stater alumni magazine that J. Dean Kaltenborn died in York last fall.

      Is this Crafton's own J. Dean Kaltenborn? Obit said he was retired from Easter Seals of York County.

      Paul Bryan, '61
      Lewistown, PA
    • Marian Love
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2012
        Dean's brother, Ditty Kaltenborn, '62, attended our 50th reunion on August 11. When I asked about Dean, he told me that Dean had died last October.

        Marian Love, '62
        Green Tree, PA
      • William Kirkpatrick
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4, 2012
          Hub 59 here,

          I believe that is our Dean. He sent me a private response a couple of years ago to one of my stories. In a couple of e-mails back and forth he said he lived in that area. Dean was quiet in school where I was noisy. We did have things in common and made time for each other. I guess in today's world Dean would have been a nerd. To me he was just a nice guy.

          Hub Kirkpatrick, '59
          Tarpon Springs, FL

          - Still having infection problems with the knee. Third operation this June for more infection. When it is cleared of infection they will go in again. The infection is a common one in people Streptococcus Mutans/Gallailticus. The second part is what causes the joint infection.
        • balawajderb@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 4, 2012
            Yes, that was Dean from Crafton. I remember he was a year ahead of me and had 2 younger brothers. Sorry to hear about his passing.

            Carole Kordyl Balawajder, '60
            Bethel Park, PA
          • Delmar Fischer
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 4, 2012