Re: Cell Phones Funnies

  • Sally Munro
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2011
      --- In CraftonReunion@yahoogroups.com, William Kirkpatrick <WKIRKPATRICK1@...> wrote:

      > Hub 59 here,
      >
      > snip>
      > I once walked out of a store without buying because the gal would not get off the phone to check me out.
      >
      > On the other hand, I have been in Supermarket check out lines where the person will not get off the phone and have to struggle to get out the credit card.
      >
      > Are people rude or is it "All about me"?
      >
      > Hub Kirkpatrick, '59
      > Tarpon Springs, FL

      Re: Cell phones and rude people

      People on cell phones seem to think that no one else can hear their conversations. We have had people in the store, where I work, sit down on the floor in a corner and carry on a conversation as if no one else is around. I have overheard one end of conversations between lawyers and clients, therapists and patients, parents and children, and angry lovers! Some seem to have lost all sense of what should remain private. What amuses me the most is people who have an earpiece and walk around talking. If one cannot see the earpiece, one has to wonder if those folks are ok or in a space of their own. They are everywhere!

      Sally Munro, '67
      Crafton, PA