Re: Crafton Visit

  • John Small
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2009
      Scott's piece today was poignant for all of us who share memories of a special place in our lives. All of us who moved a few miles down the road, to as far away as the left or right coast, have nostalgia for the Chartiers Valley and don't see it as often as we would like.

      Thanks, Scott!

      John Small, '52
      Pleasant Hills, PA
    • William Kirkpatrick
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 30, 2009
        Hub 59 here

        Always nice to see a note from Scott.

        I had a similar experience recently with an old friend in State College, Ray Brooks. I went up to visit another old friend and called Ray for lunch and found out he had died not long ago of cancer. I went to the grave site which is in a familiar area to me in State College. As I said my goodbyes to Ray I knew that I didn't live there any longer. On my way out of town I stopped to see Jan in another cemetery. As I looked down at her stone I thought the same thing. She lives there but the children and I have moved on with our earthly lives. Like Scott, this gave me a feeling of joy and release. Joy that in the past almost twenty years I have continued to grow and enjoy this earthly live and release in that I have allowed myself to live and move forward.

        Hub Kirkpatrick, '59
        Tarpon Springs, FL
      • emartindale@roadrunner.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 7, 2009
          --- In CraftonReunion@yahoogroups.com, "W GREEN" <sg0721@...> wrote:

          > Scott Green Sr. '36 here,
          > <snip>
          > So today I will lean a bit more on my faith, try my best to reach out to others who are hurting, and tell my B.B. that I love her!
          >
          > Scott Green, Sr., '36
          > Pleasant Hills, PA

          Scott's post about his visit for a memorial service of a friend was extremely touching and very apprrpiate for us older alum.

          The last paragraph is wise advice to which I would add a recommendation as strongly as possible BE SURE TO KISS YOUR BB FREQUENTLY. Those of us who have lost their BBs wish we could.

          Thanks,
          Ed Martindale, '48
          Orchard Park, NY
        • Marian Lear
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 8, 2009
            --- In CraftonReunion@yahoogroups.com, "W GREEN" <sg0721@> wrote:

            > Scott Green Sr. '36 here,
            > <snip>
            > So today I will lean a bit more on my faith, try my best to reach out to others who are hurting, and tell my B.B. that I love her!
            >
            > Scott Green, Sr., '36
            > Pleasant Hills, PA

            That goes for HH's (Handsome Husband's), too!

            Regards,
            Marian (Moran) Lear, '66
            Palm Harbor, FL
          • JOHN COYLE
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 17, 2009
              Hi all,

              I was visiting the old homestead at the corner of S. Emily and Crafton Boulevard the weekend of the 7th and also visited the Nina and Pinta. I don't think I would have crossed the river in one let alone a ocean.

              We went to the "strip district" and couldn't believe all the people that were out and about on a Saturday morning in November. We had to wait in line to eat at Primanti Brothers. We enjoyed it so much we went to the one by Thornburg, Sunday, for dinner. We also went up the incline and for the first time in my life. I had to wait for the next car because there were so many people waiting. Well, after all, it was a nice day weather-wise so everyone was out and about.

              John Coyle, '68
              Wauseon, OH