Email addresses

  • dale jordan
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2006
      I recently sent the Ingram Park information to a friend, Jay Sylvester, who lived in Ingram during his youger years, however went to Hershey School for high school. He was interested in finding some of his friends from '61, '62 & '63 who went to Crafton. Do you happen to have some class lists with email addresses?

      Thank you,
      Linda Evans Jordan, '64
      Valrico, FL
    • Your Friendly Moderator
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2006
        --- In CraftonReunion@yahoogroups.com, "dale jordan" <dale.jordan5@...> wrote:

        > I recently sent the Ingram Park information to a friend, Jay Sylvester, who lived in Ingram during his youger years, however went to Hershey School for high school. He was interested in finding some of his friends from '61, '62 & '63 who went to Crafton. Do you happen to have some class lists with email addresses?
        >
        > Thank you,
        > Linda Evans Jordan, '64
        > Valrico, FL

        Short answer; no.

        Longer answer:

        When someone wants to hold a Class Reunion, we'll do all we can to help out the Organizers. Sometimes they return the favor and send us a roster with contact info, after their Reunion. That helps us update our database. Sometimes they don't. That's Life..... We don't forget, lol.

        That said, there are online Rosters for both Crafton and Carlynton on our website. If a person is on either Roster we may have their mailing address, phone number or email address... or maybe even all three. Currently, we have 5600+ names in our database. For those we have 3800+ mailing addresses and 1400+ email addresses. Ones that we have no info for our on our MIA page. Anyone on our MIA page is a mystery to us.

        We get individual contact info requests, every few days. If we have the email address, we send a message to the person being sought and advise them that someone wants to contact them and provide THEM with the Searcher's contact info. Thus, contact is up to the person who is being sought.

        This ensures that our info is never used to breach a person's privacy. Not everyone wants unsolicited emails or phone calls.... Yeah, we bend the rules sometimes. If someone is having a health crisis, we'll do the right thing to help their friends to contact them and support them. But if "Joe Blow" wants to know the whereabouts of all the cheerleaders he graduated with, we are a bit more reserved. We call that being responsible. LOL

        In closing, I would advise Jay to join the eGroup. Once we get his contact info, and he gets a Yahoo ID, he will be free to search the eGroup archives and respond to folks he recognizes, via replies to posts. He could also send requests to us to "hook him up" with former schoolmates. That's when we'd do our best to help out, as outlined above.

        Hope this clarifies things.

        Your Friendly Moderator
        Still Lost In The Ozone