PBS Stirs Up Memories

  • edelia@centurytel.net
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2000
      Just finished reading a preview of upcoming events scheduled on our
      local PBS station here in Washington State.
      During the week of May 29, there is a program called Doo Wop 50 that
      was filmed at the Benedum Center. Since it is being broadcast from the
      PBS station in Pittsburgh it should air sometime during the same week.
      Scheduled to perform are the Platters, Skyliners, Del Vikings,
      Chantels, Penguins, Speedo Frazier, and Dean Chandler....might be fun
      to watch.

      Eileen McKeever '66
    • Jeannie Malloy (Lyons)
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2000
        Hi Craftonites,

        The Doo Wop Program played here in Texas, on our PBS channel.

        It was fabulous. I already have the CD's and could not resist getting the Videos. It is definitely Canteen music.

        Hope y'all get to see it and enjoy the memories that music can bring.

        Gina (Jeannie Malloy) Lyons