Re: [CalypsoMail]

  • Manlio Fierro
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
      Hi,

      I have the same problem, but it occurred only in one specific situation: I have a filter that redirects a message to another email address. The redirected message arrives correctly to its destination, but the local copy of the sent message in my mailbox has some characters missing (four, five or six) at the bottom and three empty lines added at the beginning.
      It is not an occasional bug, it always happens, no matter the lenght of the message.

      BTW, I'm speaking of plain text messages. I don't know if the same problem occurs with HTML messages.

      Manlio

      Il giorno 30/10/2002 alle ore 15.12, Tommy Evans ha scritto nel
      messaggio dal titolo "Re: [CalypsoMail]":

      > >Sorry for my bad english. I tried to say, that the email shows a broken
      > >sentence if it is plain text, that has been written without using the
      > >enter key. The set up to 50 or more kb convertting to text mails has
      > >nothing to do with it. If I get the next time an email with this effect I
      > >can post a screenshot.
      >
      > I've never seen nor heard of a situation where calypso loses any text in
      > a message, if that is what you are talking about. As far as the way
      > messages get sent, you can specify under the Account properties ->
      > Outgoing panel whether Calypso will perform a "hard wrap" of the text and
      > if so, at what point. By default, Calypso will break text at
      > approximately 76 characters, and place a "soft return" there. 76
      > characters is a mail-specification recommendation. What *should* happen
      > then, is that the receiving mail client will remove all soft returns, and
      > restore the message to it's original - e.g. long sentenced - format,
      > which the mail client then should wrap depending on the viewing screen
      > size. If you have that option selected, then it places a hard return at
      > that place in the sentence, and it will remain broken at that point.
      >
      > TE
      > -=======================================-
      > Tommy Evans
      > DJ, Owner
      > Specialty Sound DJ Services
      > tommye@...
      > http://www.specialtysound.com
      > 817-577-3595

      Manlio Fierro
      Roma
      manf@...
    • Tommy Evans
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
        Could you:

        1. Backup your mailbox
        2. Delete all messages from the backup.
        3. Recreate this problem, having the message redirected to yourself.
        4. Send me the mailbox - should have only A - original received message to you, B - copy of sent message, C - received redirected message to you, D - filter definition.

        Thx

        TE