Re: Fonts-Symbols etc...

  • david
    Message 1 of 49 , Mar 23, 2012
      --- In CourierEmailForum@yahoogroups.com, "Manuel Presnitz" <mpy@...> wrote:

      > Hi Rick,
      >
      > is it possible, that these odd characters occur only in UTF-8 coded messages?
      > I have a similar look for german umlauts...
      >
      >...<snip>...
      >
      > JLR hat am 21.03.2012 um 13:31 folgendes geschrieben:
      >
      > > I've been getting odd characters like this below for some time now
      > > in my Courier email:
      > >
      > > Re:ExactTarget  (ET â€" proposed)

      we have some experts around here who are more familiar than I.... but I think you're on the right track.. possibly a character set or quoted-printable or something along that line. I am not at all versed in that stuff, but characters like that I've seen on occasion.
      david
    • Manuel Presnitz
      Message 49 of 49 , Mar 26, 2012
        Gerry, that's really a neat trick! I've never though about the ,Edit Msg' function in that context.

        I have another one to convert the scrambled UTF-8 message in readable form. Just do ,Save to Archive...' with that message and open with an UTF-8 compatible program (e. g. notepad in Windows; in Un*x a simple ,cat' should do). Et voilà :-) At least it works for some test cases, I don't know if it's a general solution.

        Best regards,
        Manuel.

        Gerry Bates hat am 26.03.2012 um 18:49 folgendes geschrieben: