sad to say, I'm moving on

  • rwgreene999
    Message 1 of 2 , May 10, 2011
      I tell poco mail to delete from the server when the trash bin is emptied, yet hundreds of emails remain on the server for weeks, well that's a major problem. Especially when Poco mail has to re-download every message on every update. It takes minutes for Poco mail to update my email folder defeating the 'client is faster' benefit. And let's not forget that 10-20 second pause we get when typing emails because Pocomail decided to sort through the hundreds of email it left on the server.

      Outlook updates my client email in about 5 seconds and Outlook removes all emails from the server when I empty the deleted items. Pocomail has better filters than Outlook but not near as good as Courier's filters or Calypso's filters before that. Outlook creates professional emails, and when I reply to business emails the whole email is returned on the reply.

      All in all, I am sad to say, I have moved on. Calypso and Courier were better than any other email client out there from the 90s until the mid-00s. Pocomail was better until the last couple of years. But times have changed, and needs have changed. Emails have changed from 10 spams a day to over 100 spams a day. Incoming emails are professionally written and formatted and need to be replied to in kind. Pocomail has become my backup plan, and even that's falling short of gmail these days.

      Calypso, I miss you. Courier, I wish you had kept up. Poco, I wish you had listed to the users and addressed the problems in your program.
    • Ron Farrell
      Message 2 of 2 , May 10, 2011
        same here. I ditched Pocomail, but went back to Courier instead. And that's where I'll stay until
        I reach the point where my OS is just absolutely NOT compatible with Courier, and perhaps by then I'll
        be on my deathbed and it won't matter anyway.