Re: [CalypsoMail] Re: Use of RoseCity Forum for Courier

  • Michael Shannon
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2007
      I know I'm a bit late to jump into this thread...

      > > I tried to join the group, but I never receive the 'confirmation
      > > email' to activate it even though the email I'm using has
      > absolutely
      > > NO filtering or blocking on it... just doesn't make sense?

      Don't always assume this is the case. I work in the industry of email
      discussion list software and I've seen too many instances where 'silent
      filtering' was taking place somewhere upstream, even though the user
      swore up & down that they didn't do any filtering themselves. ISPs,
      corporate gateways, etc, are all spots where it can take place well out
      of your control (or knowledge).

      More and more organisations are enabling filters and the message
      doesn't always get out to the users. If you ever have email go
      missing, start asking questions. You may be very surprised at the
      answer.

      YMMV.

      --
      Michael