New here

  • Jeff Needle
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2005
      Hello, all. I'm new here.

      May I make an observation and then ask a question?

      First, the welcome message still has the old egroups address. Perhaps
      the moderator would like to change it -- it may be confusing.

      The question -- has anyone been successful in setting up Calypso for
      gmail? I've tried every combination I can think of, and nothing works.
      Any help will be appreciated.

      Thanks.

    • Paul
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2005
        On 04/10/2005 at 10:57, Jeff Needle wrote:

        >The question -- has anyone been successful in setting up Calypso
        >for gmail?

        Yes, but you need a third party application called 'Stunnel' which will
        deal with the secure log-on stuff that GMail needs but Calypso can't cope
        with.

        Check the archives of this group for more info - it was discussed again in
        the last couple of months.
      • Jeff Needle
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2005
          Thanks -- I'll check the archives!

          On 04/10/2005 at 10:57, Jeff Needle wrote:

          >The question -- has anyone been successful in setting up Calypso
          >for gmail?

          Yes, but you need a third party application called 'Stunnel' which will
          deal with the secure log-on stuff that GMail needs but Calypso can't
          cope
          with.

          Check the archives of this group for more info - it was discussed again
          in
          the last couple of months.

          Yahoo! Groups Links