Re: [CalypsoMail] Slow death?

  • Ian Oliver
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 2, 2005
      In article <200507171556410093.04A05A46@...>, Marko wrote:
      > I may suggest to the Thunderbird development team adding extensions (and
      I'd help develop them myself if I knew more about development work and
      programming) to Thunderbird that recreate some of my favorite "Gee, I'm gonna
      miss this" kind of features that only Calypso/Courier seem to have, such as
      right-clicking in the To: field and having a list of Favorites pop up, or the
      email "cleanup" tools like "Unwrap Body/Paragraphs."

      Until I read your message, I hadn't ever really used either feature!
      (Actually, I think I used to use right-click in To:, but then they
      implemented the autocompletion of name feature I had been requesting, and I
      moved on)

      I'm also looking around for alternatives to Courier, but -
      1) I need to be able to store and search all my emails. 3 months worth for me
      is about 500M, so I need a mail client that can handle thousands of messages.
      2) I don't want my mail program to ever display anything other than text, nor
      to send anything other than text (perhaps with attachments that I attach
      myself)
      3) I need multiple accounts, multiple mailboxes, and all the auth types for
      SMTP.
      4) I need all the filtering that Courier has, and perhaps some more.
      5) A want rather than a need: multi-platform and the ability to extend easily
      using Python.

      Regards

      Ian
    • Doug Smith