TEMPLE-ELLIOTT-SMILEY

  • gayladfreeman
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2008
      I am looking for information on my Grandmother's family. Her name
      was Agnes Greer Temple, born 17 Mar 1873. She is the daughter of
      William Temple and Janet Elliott who married 20 Aug 1850 at
      Presbyterian Church, Carone, Ireland. William is listed as from
      Cavan Upper, Donegal. Janet (Jeanette) immigrated to the Chicago,
      Illinois, USA in 1892, she is listed as a widow on her immigration
      papers. So I think that William must have died in Ireland prior to
      her departure. Janet is listed on one of the US census as having 10
      children. I can only find the names of 6,
      James b. 1855,
      Martha b. 1861 m. Adam Taitt in Chicago area,
      Jeanette Marion Temple, b. 1865,
      Fannie b. 1870 m. first a Smiley and second a Schroeder,
      Hester b. 1872, married a Hayes and lived in England by sisters death
      in 1959.
      Agnes Greer Temple b. 17 Mar 1873 m. John Mould and died in
      Brooksville, Florida.

      Now I can't help but think that William and Janet didn't name one of
      their children William after the father, but I can't find any
      connection to prove such.