Barrett andHunter Families of Inniskeel and Templecrone

  • abbykade
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2011
      Seasons greetings to everyone.
      My interest in Donegal comees from my Great great grandfather, William Hunter Barrett, who was born at Maas, Donegal in 1858. His parents were John Barrett and Rebecca Hunter. They were married at tempecrone in 1853. John's father was James Barrett and rebecca' father was Richard Hunter. They had a large family in the Portnoo and Maas area. There are several children of this family who i cannot locate. Thomas barrett born 15/05/1862, Richard Barrett born 7/7/1864, samuel barrett born 1868 and Rebecca Jane Barrett born 1876. My Great Great Grandfather was William Hunter Barrett born 27/06/1858. I know of James Barrett born the eldest child and he married eleanor Hughes. Both James and William joined the RIC. The youngest child was John Hunter Barrett who marriedSusan Crummer and he took over the family farm at Ballyiriston after John Snr died in 1909. Can anyone out there tell me where the other Barrett children went to? Perhaps they died young? i cannot find any burial records for inniskeel cemetries online. it is very difficult tracing them from NZ. i did here family ledgend that the Barrett's originally lived on an island but moved to the mainland.
      Thankyou for this forum and an oppourtunity to find out more!!
      Yours sincerely, Karen Curtis in New Zealand