Sheilds, O'Donnell, Boyle and McGettigan

  • patriciasmithhenson
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 20, 2008
      Hi Everyone!

      I hope that I can help with information for the rest of you. I am
      looking for the following families:

      William Shields born 1824 Donegal died abt1902 Clearfield Co PA
      Catharine McGettigan b. 1833 Donegal died abt 1900 Clearfied Co PA
      Grace O'Donnell b. 1850 Donegal died abt. 1904 Homestead PA
      John Boyle b. 1848 Dungloe, Donegal died 1907 Homestead PA

      I am having so many brickwalls with my grandparents Shields, McGettian
      and of course O'Donnell because Donegal has so many of them. If anyone
      has any information on these family names you will help years of
      frustration in searching....I do not know any of their parents names
      nor where in Donegal they are from. Anyone from my family that would
      have that information are now dead, so any information will be a
      blessing thanks! Patricia Smith Henson
    • Fur2kids@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 20, 2008
        I'm also looking for McGettigan's.  My McGettigan's were in the Phila area.  If you want the little bit I have e-mail me.

        Betsie

      • Patricia Smith Henson
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 20, 2008
          Thanks Betsie I would love any information on the McGettigans. My ggrandmother Catharine came over in 1853 to Philadelphia so any information would be great. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with. Thanks again PAT

          I'm also looking for McGettigan's.  My McGettigan's were in the Phila area.  If you want the little bit I have e-mail me.

          Betsie

        • james kirkwood
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 21, 2008
            Pat, there was a family of McGettigans who lived on the 1500 block of S 53rd St in SW Philly, when I was a youngster. It was a good sized family,too. We lived acrosss the street from them. They were members of Most Blessed Sacrament Parish at 56th & Chester Av. "White Flight" hit the neighborhood in the late 50's early 60's. Haven't seen or heard from them since we moved in in '57. Jim Kirkwood

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 21, 2008
              There was a family of Mcgettigans who lived on S 53rd St in Most Blessed Sacrament Parish. Jack Shields ( my Mothers' cousin) was the director of Kingsessing Playground and at 51st and Kingsessing and a family of O'Donnells lived on the 1600 block of S Cecil St. All were members of MBS Parish which has recently merged with St Francis De Saes at 47th & Springfield Av. This was in the late 50's. Also there was a family of Shields' who lived on Myrtlewood or Hollywood St in St Gabriels Parish in S Philly at 29th & Dickinson St. My mothers couins from Ireland (County Donegal) were Shiel(d)s, O'Donnell, Logue, McGinley Boyce, McFadden. These were all on the Boyce- McGinley side.  JIM

              I'm also looking for McGettigan's.  My McGettigan's were in the Phila area.  If you want the little bit I have e-mail me.

              Betsie

            • Donna R.
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 24, 2008
                Just wanted to let Pat and Betsie know that some of the Philadelphia
                info is available online at the link listed below. Donna

                http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=0

                --- In CountyDonegalGenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Patricia Smith Henson
                <patriciasmithhenson@...> wrote:

                > Thanks Betsie I would love any information on the McGettigans. My
                ggrandmother Catharine came over in 1853 to Philadelphia so any
                information would be great. Let me know if there is anything I can
                help you with. Thanks again PAT

                McGettigan
                > To: CountyDonegalGenealogy@yahoogroups.com
                > Date: Saturday, September 20, 2008, 5:16 PM
                >

                > I'm also looking for McGettigan's.  My McGettigan's were in the
                Phila area.  If you want the little bit I have e-mail me.

                > Betsie
                >

                > Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial
                challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information,
                tips and calculators.