Found some more

  • WayneM
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2010
      Found the following which I will post in the future, and get them
      added to the list:

      Alan Jackson - Merle And George
      Bill Black's Combo - Cashin' In (A Tribute To Luther Perkins)
      Bobby Braddock - The Girls In Country Music
      Casey Martin - George Jones And Jesus
      Clint Black - Ode To Chet
      Confederate Railroad - Elvis And Andy
      Dave Jorgenson - Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way
      David Allan Coe - You Never Even Called Me By My Name
      Deans - Hank Williams Medley
      Deans - Jim Reeves Waltz Medley
      Dixie Chicks - Thank Heavens for Dale Evans
      Doug Supernaw & Charlie Pride & David Allan Coe & Merle Haggard & Waylon Jennings - You Never Even Call Me By My Name
      Ferlin Husky (As Simon Crum) - Ernest Tubb & Roy Acuff Imitation
      Ferlin Husky - Simon Crum Imitations
      Hank Williams Jr - Eyes Of Waylon
      Hank Williams Jr - Family Tradition
      Hank Williams Jr - Standing in the Shadows
      Jerry Lee Lewis - Who's Gonna Play This Old Piano
      Keith Whitley - Tell Lorrie I Love Her
      Korn Kobblers - Write To Them Korn Kobblers
      Larry Gatlin & Gatlin Brothers - Billy Jack Willis
      Larry Gatlin & Gatlin Brothers - Johnny Cash Is Dead (And His House Burned Down)
      Lou Smith - My Name Is Lou
      Mack Vickery - Impersonations-Medley-Cryin Time-Still-Life Turned Her That Way-Love Me-Hound Dog
      Marty Stuart - By George
      Merle Haggard - The Way It Was In '51
      Paul Marshall - Blackboard In Bakersfield And The Palomino
      R W Blackwood - Dolly
      Rayburn Anthony - Country Music Fan
      Red Foley & Ernest Tubb - Hillbilly Fever
      Red Murrell - Ernest Tubb's Talking Blues
      Rich McCready - Thinkin' Strait
      Ronnie Prophet - Impersonations Medley
      Steve Goodman - You Never Even Call Me By My Name (the original
      version, without mention of other stars, just for comparison)
      Taylor Swift - Tim McGraw
      Tim McGraw - Kristofferson

      And, not about other Country Music Stars, do we include these as
      Tribute songs? I know I have others I will need to list if they are
      to be included.

      Billy Ray Cyrus - Man The (Tribute to Dale Earnhardt)
      Chris Cagle - Chicks Dig It
      Cledus T Judd & Toby Keith - I Love NASCAR
      Dan Roberts - I Miss John Wayne
      David John & The Comstock Cowboys - The Duke
      David Price - The World Lost A Man
      Delevantes - John Wayne Lives In Hoboken
      Jeff Arundel - Harmon Killebrew
      John Denver -The Ballad Of Spiro Agnew
      Lari White - John Wayne Walking Away
      Lawton Williams - Everything's O.K. On The LBJ
      Pat Garrett - Moose Shootin' Mama
      Ray Griffiths - Laurel & Hardy
      Reba McEntire - Tribute to Dale Earnhardt
      Red River Dave - Amelia Earhardt's Last Flight
      Red River Dave - Ballad Of Francis Powers
      Red River Dave - California Hippie Murders
      Red River Dave - Death of Floyd Collins
      Red River Dave - James Dean

      Wayne
    • rw.humphreys@googlemail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2010
        Hi Wayne

        Great stuff! I love these kinda songs.

        There are lot of tributes to Waylon it seems, I would still like to think the most tributed artist is Hank Williams?

        As for other tributes - in my opinion it would open the floodgates as there are so many tributes sung by country artists to non country people.

        regards
        Rob