The Mason Williams Phonograph Record

  • Colin Kilgour
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2010
      The Mason Williams Phonograph Record

      http://www.mediafire.com/?miw2mw3ej2k

      Classical Gas has Williams on both 6 and 12 string guitar, in unison and was
      described by him as "half Flamenco, half Flatt and Scruggs, and half
      Classical" ........ a bonanza of rhythmic changes,

      1. Overture
      2. All of the Time
      3. Dylan Thomas
      4. Wanderlove
      5. She's Gone Away
      6. Here I Am
      7. Classical Gas
      8. Long Time Blues
      9. Baroque-A-Nova
      10. The Prince's Panties
      11. Life Song
      12. Sunflower

      I also really like 'Long Time Blues'. Regarding Mason singing, please can
      anyone offer the track "Saturday Night At The World" off of CD in good
      quality?

    • Joe Freaze
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2010
        Thanks for this one, Colin.
        As for "Saturday Night At The World", I have it at 192kbps. Does that
        work for you?

        Joe

        On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Colin Kilgour <colin@...
        > wrote:

        > The Mason Williams Phonograph Record
        >
        > http://www.mediafire.com/?miw2mw3ej2k
        >
        > Classical Gas has Williams on both 6 and 12 string guitar, in unison and
        > was
        > described by him as "half Flamenco, half Flatt and Scruggs, and half
        > Classical" ........ a bonanza of rhythmic changes,
        >
        > 1. Overture
        > 2. All of the Time
        > 3. Dylan Thomas
        > 4. Wanderlove
        > 5. She's Gone Away
        > 6. Here I Am
        > 7. Classical Gas
        > 8. Long Time Blues
        > 9. Baroque-A-Nova
        > 10. The Prince's Panties
        > 11. Life Song
        > 12. Sunflower
        >
        > I also really like 'Long Time Blues'. Regarding Mason singing, please can
        > anyone offer the track "Saturday Night At The World" off of CD in good
        > quality?

      • Bob Proctor
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2010
          Thanks a ton for this one, Colin. It's really one of his finest albums.

          Bob

          ________________________________
          As for  "Saturday Night At The World",  I have it at  192kbps.  Does that
          work for you?

          Joe

          On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Colin Kilgour <colin@...
          > wrote:

          > The Mason Williams Phonograph Record
          >
          > http://www.mediafire.com/?miw2mw3ej2k
          >
          > Classical Gas has Williams on both 6 and 12 string guitar, in unison and
          > was
          > described by him as "half Flamenco, half Flatt and Scruggs, and half
          > Classical" ........ a bonanza of rhythmic changes,
          >
          > 1. Overture
          > 2. All of the Time
          > 3. Dylan Thomas
          > 4. Wanderlove
          > 5. She's Gone Away
          > 6. Here I Am
          > 7. Classical Gas
          > 8. Long Time Blues
          > 9. Baroque-A-Nova
          > 10. The Prince's Panties
          > 11. Life Song
          > 12. Sunflower
          >
          > I also really like 'Long Time Blues'. Regarding Mason singing, please can
          > anyone offer the track "Saturday Night At The World" off of CD in good
          > quality?

        • colinkilgour
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3, 2010
            Most kind of you to reply Joe. I enquired at a few other lists also - and a lady posted up. But that was an instrumental and I was sure the MW performance I recalled was a vocal

            That was confirmed by another Lister sending it up .... and yes! it was the vocal version

            So - I am nicely sorted / but could maybe now help you if you wanted the vocal version (which I accept, you may have there)

            I'm sure a 192 would've sounded just fine

            Kind regards