Re: [Coulda-Been-Country] New file uploaded to Coulda-Been-Country

  • Larry Davis
    Message 1 of 2795 , Dec 12, 2012
      A bunch of new adds in Coulda Been Country files on this 12/12/12 date.
      Bet it's been a while since you heard any version of "You Are My Sunshine"?

      The handful of Steve Lawrence's Coral, United Artists and ABC Paramount
      hits of the '50s in files is a reminder of how much closer many of the
      pop hits of the '50s are to country music than what's being passed
      around today.

      It's probably been even longer since you're heard "Bye Bye Blackbird" by
      anyone. This 1926 version by George Olsen was one of the first waxed of
      Ray Henderson and Mort Dixon's classic song. In 1933, Gene Autry
      recorded it under the title "Bye Bye Boyfriend". Over the years it's
      been cut by a diverse group of musicians including Joe Cocker, the
      Everly Brothers, Johnny & The Hurricanes, Johnny Mathis, the McGuire
      Sisters, Rosemary Clooney, and Russ Morgan, who had the last hit record
      on it in 1948.

      Jerry Vale's "You Don't Know Me" was the first pop hit on Cindy Walker's
      song, now so classic that it's in everybody's songbook.

      Larry Davis

      Message 2795 of 2795 , Apr 3
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the Coulda-Been-Country
        group.

        File : /11. Where.wma
        Uploaded by : ken_skelton <ken_skelton@...>
        Description :