Richard Hawley's Rockabilly Radio. mp3 of first show

  • Colin Kilgour
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9 5:52 AM
      Hmmm, dunno about this. Yes, the music is fine and I guess that's reason
      enough. It's just that Hawley's style is dull
      ==============================
      Richard Hawley's Rockabilly Radio
      Richard joins BBC Radio 2 for a brand new series celebrating the sound of a
      genre close to his heart, rockabilly.
      Over eight weeks Richard delves into his own vast collection of vinyl
      records to celebrate rockabilly's inspirations including R&B, country,
      blues, hillbilly, honky tonk and rock & roll.

      Richard also recounts some great stories from his own experiences, from
      shopping with his dad in Sheffield record stores as a kid, to getting to
      know legends of the genre such as Duane Eddy.
      In the first episode of the series Richard kicks off with a Johnny Burnette
      Trio classic, plus tunes from Howlin' Wolf, Webb Pierce, Dale Hawkins and
      Jack Cochran.
      We also hear an early record from Elvis Presley, plus two artists with
      musical connections to the "King of rock and roll" - Carl Perkins and Big
      Mama Thornton.
      Broadcast on BBC Radio 2, 9:30PM Thu, 3 May 2012
      Duration 30 minutes. Twas the Beeb not me who lopped a minute off the end

      http://www.sendspace.com/file/vji2th